Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated April-Early May delivery is now blank.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same boat as all of you on the delivery estimate being removed. Also interesting that I no longer have a choice of where the car will be delivered and my choice was reverted to "the closest service center". #31xx P90DL
I was told by a tesla rep that not all SCs are setup to do a MX delivery, I had to check with tesla before switching mine.

"My Tesla" Page still has my "Late April-May" status message blanked out. It has said my vehicle is "In the Factory Production Queue" for many, many weeks now. So nothing has changed in that respect.

However, a query to my DS indicates that my vehicle has actually finished production and is waiting in the rail yard for shipping to be scheduled (to Chicago). (So it appears that PUP vehicles ARE being completed).

While this is good news to me, how is it that Tesla DOESN'T think that timely status updates to the "My Tesla" page would be a good thing? My (new) DS will look up this info for me but why can't such a "forward thinking" company as Tesla figure out how to push updates out to the My Tesla page (or send an email as milestones are reached)?

Why do they push so much unnecessary work on their DS folks? Why do we all seem to have to call a DS in order to get an update instead of having some automatic update notification? Why does this have to be such a miserable process for everyone involved?

Tesla is still small and the Model-X ramp up has been plagued with issues for the past year+. They're struggling to get the Model-X production line running smoothly, so it's been causing all sorts of havoc on all levels. Once they get that running smoothly and predictably, communication will become better.

Tesla is still small and the Model-X ramp up has been plagued with issues for the past year+. They're struggling to get the Model-X production line running smoothly, so it's been causing all sorts of havoc on all levels

.. and yet Tesla and Musk wants to believe that they can ramp up to 150K Model 3's next year and another 500K the year after..?

Tesla is still small and the Model-X ramp up has been plagued with issues for the past year+. They're struggling to get the Model-X production line running smoothly, so it's been causing all sorts of havoc on all levels. Once they get that running smoothly and predictably, communication will become better.

I don't understand why problems with PRODUCTION would have to be related to problems with COMMUNICATION. Are all the folks or processes which would be used for communication now turning wrenches down on the production line? I don't think so... In fact, problems with production should lead to BETTER communication - not worse...

If my company was having production problems (and I DO own my own company), I would be sure to ramp up communication to my the customers I have who are waiting for product and try and keep them informed/happy... The worst thing to do is ignore the people paying for your products if you start to have some issue...

Reactions: Colby Boles
I don't understand why problems with PRODUCTION would have to be related to problems with COMMUNICATION. Are all the folks or processes which would be used for communication now turning wrenches down on the production line? I don't think so... In fact, problems with production should lead to BETTER communication - not worse...

If my company was having production problems (and I DO own my own company), I would be sure to ramp up communication to my the customers I have who are waiting for product and try and keep them informed/happy... The worst thing to do is ignore the people paying for your products if you start to have some issue...
I agree with what you are saying... I think Tesla's production issues were not solved except for pretty recently. They didn't have answers to give customers, the lack of communication was the result. Keep in mind, explaining every grueling production issue and its solution (if it was known at the time) would fuel the scepticism and lead to potentially bad PR. Communication will ramp up along with the production, more cars on the line will lead to more calls from DSs. I anticipate production will be caught up in two to three weeks. By then all the confirmed orders past and present will have had some positive contact and dates from DS. It's already starting to trickle down.