Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Charge Start Time—Did I Dream It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhere I saw a screenshot in which, when setting up departure time charging, an estimate of when charging would begin was shown. Something like "Charging will begin at approximately 3 AM for your 8:00 AM departure." I said, "Yes!" because in some situations charging would begin prior to the start of the off-peak time (midnight).

I've now got the holiday update, but I haven't seen that anywhere. Did I dream it??

I have seen it when first plugging in for a Scheduled Departure. It will start charging immediately and begin calculating time needed to charge. Once time to charge is calculated, it will display the message that you mention.

Well, I tried it today, and didn't see any messages like that. I plugged in, saw it charge for a little while then stop. Below are screenshots. Where is that message that you saw (car screen or mobile app (Android))?

20211229_134432.jpg

Screenshot_20211229-134411_Tesla.jpg

Wonder how it would handle the short charge time to determine the proper start time if the traction battery cell temps were below freezing? At cold cell temps all/part of the power available goes towards heating, ie.. Could be 0 MPH for several minutes depending the the cell temps.