Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Estimated delivery date 1 - 3 weeks out but no Vin still, is this normal?

Hi there, when I log into my Tesla account it says that my estimated delivery date is between November 22nd to December 15th. Well November 22nd is less than 7 days away, is it normal that I don't even have been assigned vin yet?
Yes, that's how it works with Tesla. My original EDD was 11/16-12/16. Well it's 11/17, no VIN, and my EDD just moved to 12/11-12/31. I would expect to see your EDD get pushed out on 11/23.

First EDD 2-14/3-14
Latest EDD 2-16-2-26
Still no VIN yet and i'm getting worried but i've heard stories of people getting a VIN the night before their first EDD, any insight to calm my nerves?
M3P MSM/white OD: 1/25
I had the same delivery date just too and it just changed yesterday to Feb17-Feb26 And I also don’t have a VIN. I feel your anxiety…

MYP black ext/white interior OD 1/18/22

samori01

MYLR5 | Blk/Blk | 20 | TOW/No FSD | XPEL Stealth
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2015
Nashville, TN
I still don’t have VIN at this point it’s such a joke i’m lost for words
While I am sure you are frustrated, it looks like you ordered 3 weeks ago. MYP average is about 6 weeks (which should shorten significantly when Austin opens up. But before you state how much of a joke it is, realize those that ordered the MYLR have waited upwards of 6 months.

While I am sure you are frustrated, it looks like you ordered 3 weeks ago. MYP average is about 6 weeks (which should shorten significantly when Austin opens up. But before you state how much of a joke it is, realize those that ordered the MYLR have waited upwards of 6 months.
I’m saying the system is a joke having to just stand by for a VIN without any update regarding the building process

samori01

MYLR5 | Blk/Blk | 20 | TOW/No FSD | XPEL Stealth
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2015
Nashville, TN
I’m saying the system is a joke having to just stand by for a VIN without any update regarding the building process
Re-reading what I wrote it came off as harsh...it was meant as a "you have no idea what kind of joke it actually is". I apologize for the way it came across as that was not my intent. You are dead-on accurate with your statement.

Reactions: Alex Oliyai
Re-reading what I wrote it came off as harsh...it was meant as a "you have no idea what kind of joke it actually is". I apologize for the way it came across as that was not my intent. You are dead-on accurate with your statement.
Ahahahha all good I 100% understand my wait isn’t bad as many others just want my car like everyone else has and does

Reactions: samori01

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC