Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Delivery date in 1 day, lol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I think My delivery date is getting crazy, 12/20 my delivery date was updated to 12/22-12/31 (from July 2022), then 12/22, my delivery date was updated to 12/26-12/31, and then 12/27, which is today, my delivery date was updated to 12/29-12/31,

What’s the chance of them actually giving me a confirmed date with assigned VIN? It’s funny how they keep doing that instead of just pushing my delivery back to July..

Today I went to local showroom, and he pulled out a rundown of my reservation, there’s lots of information on that list like which day someone did what thing on my order, and he said it’s going to be here before 31 for sure and I can switch my payment method to cash, and switch back to Tesla financing when I get my vin..

Estimated delivery is all over the place because of various reasons. There might be a rejected order in your area and that is why it might have moved from July 22 to Dec 21. There are some cases where you even get a VIN and sometimes it goes away.

Just be on top of it like you're doing and communicate with the SA. They're typically more active when your order is about to be completed lol

Hello, I think My delivery date is getting crazy, 12/20 my delivery date was updated to 12/22-12/31 (from July 2022), then 12/22, my delivery date was updated to 12/26-12/31, and then 12/27, which is today, my delivery date was updated to 12/29-12/31,

What’s the chance of them actually giving me a confirmed date with assigned VIN? It’s funny how they keep doing that instead of just pushing my delivery back to July..

Today I went to local showroom, and he pulled out a rundown of my reservation, there’s lots of information on that list like which day someone did what thing on my order, and he said it’s going to be here before 31 for sure and I can switch my payment method to cash, and switch back to Tesla financing when I get my vin..
A lot of us from Socal are in the same boat. I have entered my EDD yet again for like the 9th time.

Estimated delivery is all over the place because of various reasons. There might be a rejected order in your area and that is why it might have moved from July 22 to Dec 21. There are some cases where you even get a VIN and sometimes it goes away.

Just be on top of it like you're doing and communicate with the SA. They're typically more active when your order is about to be completed lol
so what’s the chance of me getting the car before new year??

I mean tomorrow is 29th, they give me 24 hours to pick up my car? Very unlucky, also of the advisor said that they assign VIN after the car is built, how amazing is that lol
I believe you have 3 days to pick it up once it's at the center. This includes weekends. For me, I need to get a Vin before I can even get a cashier check and banks arent open on new years and Sundays... I ordered in January and get delayed over and over so if they make a fuss of making me pick up in 24 hours ill put them on blast.

I believe you have 3 days to pick it up once it's at the center. This includes weekends. For me, I need to get a Vin before I can even get a cashier check and banks arent open on new years and Sundays... I ordered in January and get delayed over and over so if they make a fuss of making me pick up in 24 hours ill put them on blast.
The advisor kept telling me to apply for Tesla financing now because they need 48 hours to process? Should I apply when they confirm pick up date? That’s something I’m struggling with right now. Because I don’t want to apply and end up being pushed to July again then that’s a wasted hard pull on my credit

Same thing happened to me. Original EDD march/ april switch to dec 15-31, then dec 21-31, then 24-31, went to tesla they said it will come, I got financing ready, loan approved, then Dec 25 EDD changed to March/April. I'm not saying this will happen to you, I'm just sharing my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiveSai
The advisor kept telling me to apply for Tesla financing now because they need 48 hours to process? Should I apply when they confirm pick up date? That’s something I’m struggling with right now. Because I don’t want to apply and end up being pushed to July again then that’s a wasted hard pull on my credit
Don't apply until you have a VIN. I am so upset that I got a hard pull on my credit for no reason.

Reactions: LiveSai
I got hard pulled 6 times I'm paying cash now. Many are recommending waiting for vin before we apply for financing.

Same thing happened to me. Original EDD march/ april switch to dec 15-31, then dec 21-31, then 24-31, went to tesla they said it woll come, I got financing ready, loan approved, then Dec 25 EDD changed to March/April. I'm not saying this will happen to you, I'm just sharing mya experience.
Those evil advisors, they know this would happen but they kept telling me to apply for financing now because it’s getting close, it’s like they don’t need to take responsibility after the screw all of us

Reactions: MOM4 and LiveSai