Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Delivery date in 1 day, lol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD changed to Dec 31st - Jan 11th.
However if they do have car for me, I won’t be able to have 3 days to pick up the car, they would want me to pick up before 31, so I wouldn’t have enough time for financing if it happens :( I don’t know what to do should I apply for financing now? Another question would be, what usually happens if they decline the amount I want to borrow, would they tell me how much I can borrow? So I don’t have to apply with a new amount to check how much I can borrow.

However if they do have car for me, I won’t be able to have 3 days to pick up the car, they would want me to pick up before 31, so I wouldn’t have enough time for financing if it happens :( I don’t know what to do should I apply for financing now? Another question would be, what usually happens if they decline the amount I want to borrow, would they tell me how much I can borrow? So I don’t have to apply with a new amount to check how much I can borrow.
Thats good news. If you are applying through tesla it's pretty quick. Idk how much you are able to borrow it varies they normally accept or decline you. I just called mine and they don't know anything and just told me to wait until I get a VIN because they will reach out to me. A financing person will be appointed to you once you do and you can ask them questions.

Last edited:
Thats good news. If you are applying through tesla it's pretty quick. Idk how much you are able to borrow it varies they normally accept or decline you. I just called mine and they don't know anything and just told me to wait until I get a VIN because they will reach out to me. A financing person will be appointed to you once you do and you can ask them questions.
if they decline me, would they tell me how much they can borrow? for example, if i ask for $200k, if the declined me, would they say "we cant lend you $200k, but we can lend $100k" something like that. right now im in cash option, i want to borrow as much as i can without damaging my credit score, i see that you have white/white/21'', we have the same configuration except the wheels, and i see you ordered January ??? i order december, that seems very frustrating you had been waiting for 1 year now

if they decline me, would they tell me how much they can borrow? for example, if i ask for $200k, if the declined me, would they say "we cant lend you $200k, but we can lend $100k" something like that. right now im in cash option, i want to borrow as much as i can without damaging my credit score, i see that you have white/white/21'', we have the same configuration except the wheels, and i see you ordered January ??? i order december, that seems very frustrating you had been waiting for 1 year now
Assuming you got a PLAID they tend to priorities higher-end models. Plus I have a 17k discount so they probably putting me in the back of the line. I'm unsure since I got accepted when I was filling my financing a couple of months ago I did get appointed a financing person the same day I applied, they are probably more knowledgeable since they can see your stuff.

Assuming you got a PLAID they tend to priorities higher-end models. Plus I have a 17k discount so they probably putting me in the back of the line. I'm unsure since I got accepted when I was filling my financing a couple of months ago I did get appointed a financing person the same day I applied, they are probably more knowledgeable since they can see your stuff.
i didnt get a plaid, i would rather get one model 3 plus one model S LR than getting a plaid. Thank you for that response, i will see what i can do, just anxiously refreshing the profile page 10 times per min right now LMAO. Also what makes you want to use 21'', i can see that 21'' has cool design but i lose so much mileage, i heard bigger tires are more expensive to maintain, like replace and stuff, also it tends to shake more on the road. i dont know if any of these are true, my friend told me all that, thats why i got 19''

i didnt get a plaid, i would rather get one model 3 plus one model S LR than getting a plaid. Thank you for that response, i will see what i can do, just anxiously refreshing the profile page 10 times per min right now LMAO. Also what makes you want to use 21'', i can see that 21'' has cool design but i lose so much mileage, i heard bigger tires are more expensive to maintain, like replace and stuff, also it tends to shake more on the road. i dont know if any of these are true, my friend told me all that, thats why i got 19''
Interesting you are getting a white on white this quick, I guess I'm just unlucky I have no idea how tesla logistics works but it's broken. For the 21s I originally got 19s but swap them in June because they were only shipping 21s at the time and 19s weren't in production. I was going to get 21s ethier way aftermarket unplugperformance or 21s stock. I prefer the aesthetics and I dislike having a plastic cap on my wheels especially on a 100k car. I'm just living my life I guess LOL.19s are more road forgiving and comfortable but I don't mind spending extra money on tires. OC roads aren't that bad. Mileage wise 375miles is plenty for me even if I'm traveling ill be pulling over to use the restroom or grab something to eat.

Interesting you are getting a white on white this quick, I guess I'm just unlucky I have no idea how tesla logistics works but it's broken. For the 21s I originally got 19s but swap them in June because they were only shipping 21s at the time and 19s weren't in production. I was going to get 21s ethier way aftermarket unplugperformance or 21s stock. I prefer the aesthetics and I dislike having a plastic cap on my wheels especially on a 100k car. I'm just living my life I guess LOL.19s are more road forgiving and comfortable but I don't mind spending extra money on tires. OC roads aren't that bad. Mileage wise 375miles is plenty for me even if I'm traveling ill be pulling over to use the restroom or grab something to eat.
I REALLY WANT THE 21'' But my friend says i can get aftermarket ones anyway, the 19'' look even cheaper than the model 3 wheels, its sad they choose this kind of rims for model S. i dont really understand their decision. Anyways, you are saying if i do different paint color than white it would be even faster ??

Reactions: LiveSai
I REALLY WANT THE 21'' But my friend says i can get aftermarket ones anyway, the 19'' look even cheaper than the model 3 wheels, its sad they choose this kind of rims for model S. i dont really understand their decision. Anyways, you are saying if i do different paint color than white it would be even faster ??
Yeh since other colors are higher margin also White Seats is rare. There was a shortage on them. They have only been shipping them recently for LR models.

Yeh since other colors are higher margin also White Seats is rare. There was a shortage on them. They have only been shipping them recently for LR models.
now i want to change to black color just for faster shipping and i think im just getting too anxious at this point, after all the speculation you mentioned i feel like they probably wont give me my car before 12/31 lol because whats the chance of them prioritizing me than someone like you who had waited for a year and also have 21'' wheels, althought technically you are waiting for 2021 model right ? because i purchased 2022, maybe they are different production lines

now i want to change to black color just for faster shipping and i think im just getting too anxious at this point, after all the speculation you mentioned i feel like they probably wont give me my car before 12/31 lol because whats the chance of them prioritizing me than someone like you who had waited for a year and also have 21'' wheels, althought technically you are waiting for 2021 model right ? because i purchased 2022, maybe they are different production lines
They changed all the VINS from production in November to 2022 they are the same model they just give you whatever matches your specs. Changing colors or specs right now might put you back in line. I would keep the White on White and try to apply for financing since you still got time. You have till 31st since all vins this month need to be delivered by 31st. The lady I spoke to earlier told me if I got a vin this month I would have to pick it up this month but if I got a vin in January I would get 3 days to pick it up. So now I'm just hoping I don't get a Vin on the last day of the month...

They changed all the VINS from production in November to 2022 they are the same model they just give you whatever matches your specs. Changing colors or specs right now might put you back in line. I would keep the White on White and try to apply for financing since you still got time. You have till 31st since all vins this month need to be delivered by 31st. The lady I spoke to earlier told me if I got a vin this month I would have to pick it up this month but if I got a vin in January I would get 3 days to pick it up. So now I'm just hoping I don't get a Vin on the last day of the month...
my plan is apply for tesla financing the moment i get my vin, but like you said, if i do get it the last day of december then im pretty much screwed i guess, because if they dont get back to me with the approval that day i have to pay full cash (i could but id rather have the financing option), and also i just went over to carmax and i need to sell my car in 7 days or the quote expires too, so a lot of things are depending on that damn VIN right now hahahaha

my plan is apply for tesla financing the moment i get my vin, but like you said, if i do get it the last day of december then im pretty much screwed i guess, because if they dont get back to me with the approval that day i have to pay full cash (i could but id rather have the financing option), and also i just went over to carmax and i need to sell my car in 7 days or the quote expires too, so a lot of things are depending on that damn VIN right now hahahaha
You can try calling 5102493100. It's a Tesla texas number people have been posting and see if there is a VIN assigned on the backside of your account like the previous person you called. If there is your 2/2 and I would just apply for financing today. But yeah I gave up on financing my credit took too many hits and I'm 27 trying to get a house in a year.

You can try calling 5102493100. It's a Tesla texas number people have been posting and see if there is a VIN assigned on the backside of your account like the previous person you called. If there is your 2/2 and I would just apply for financing today. But yeah I gave up on financing my credit took too many hits and I'm 27 trying to get a house in a year.
omg we are in the same boat here, im 28, the reason that i dont want to pay with cash is because i plan to buy a house sometime soon maybe in a year or so, so id rather leave those money in the bank. the guy in showroom told me our car comes from fremont, not texas, although every staff i spoke to over phone or the webpage all said that there's no VIN assigned to me. because if there were a VIN they would have known right ???

• Funny
Reactions: LiveSai
omg we are in the same boat here, im 28, the reason that i dont want to pay with cash is because i plan to buy a house sometime soon maybe in a year or so, so id rather leave those money in the bank. the guy in showroom told me our car comes from fremont, not texas, although every staff i spoke to over phone or the webpage all said that there's no VIN assigned to me. because if there were a VIN they would have known right ???
Yeh cars do come from Fremont but anyone can check your account. I believe it's a cooperate number, not a showroom.

you mean the cooperate number would be able to see if there's a VIN, because i talk to different people asking if there's a VIN they all said there's no VIN assigned to me. but you. think the cooperate would say differently ????
I read your message wrong, I thought they confirmed a VIN on their side. "mike said that if they confirm a VIN for me then it takes only a couple of hours to transfer the car from Fremont". I would wait for the VIN at this point sorry for the confusion. But yeah I've been using that number since they were more helpful in answering my questions.

• Funny
Reactions: Rufusroffie