Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Estimated Delivery" disappeared

marines310

Oct 27, 2020
San Francisco
Hey group, Tesla first timer here. Sorry if this is a common occurrence or an easy answer but I haven't found the answer yet

So two things happened today I'm trying to make sense of:

#1 I got a text today saying that my MY will be ready for delivery in 4-6 weeks from today.

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this time frame is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions."

This is actually outside of my original delivery estimate because when I ordered my MY, it said 4-8 weeks starting mid-October. This week is my 5th week, meaning that this new estimate is actually just outside of my max window.

The text itself says it's an estimate but is this something that's fairly accurate?

#2 My estimated delivery from my Account/Manage page disappeared.

On the Estimated Delivery, it used to say 4-8 weeks from the day you ordered but after I got the text mentioned above, the time window disappeared and now looks like this.

Estimated delivery
-
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Individually and/or collectively, do these two things mean anything? I'm actually changing addresses soon so I'm kinda hoping the stars align for an easy move and a sooner rather than later pickup of my MY.

Thanks!

Mtb2020

Nov 19, 2020
Idaho
Reading people’s comments I think everyone got the same txt. Seems to be a generic txt for those of Us waiting. I called my SA and he said it was a. Auto txt. He was unable to see any movements or changes.

Reactions: marines310

DenverEV

Nov 19, 2020
Denver
My delivery timeframe is also gone from my account page, but I didn’t receive the text everyone else is talking about today. I just placed my order 2 days ago though

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
Nothing is surprising about Tesla and delivery timing. They seem to always be making it up as they go along.

"My" MY arrived a week before the "scheduled" delivery, and with the 3 day "hold" limit, "my" car might not be around when my finances are in hand. I might have to go to the end of the line again.

Last edited:

jetsurgn

Nov 4, 2020
Southern California
Nothing is surprising about Tesla and delivery timing. They seem to always be making it up as they go along.
I very much think Tesla will make good on their originally quoted timeframe, so with that I'm very happy and look forward to my delivery.
I think we need to enjoy the process, and of course enjoy the beautiful car upon arrival. :D

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
"Enjoying the process" has allowed me plenty of social time with the guys at the SC, picking their brains, hanging out with the service guys, as well. I've latched onto one guy who has immersed himself in Tesla for the past 3 years. He's the one that will know the instant Tesla softens the suspension in the Y!!!

marines310

Oct 27, 2020
San Francisco
I called my local Tesla SC today and someone said that missing the delivery window could mean that your delivery is actually really close... so looks like I'm on both ends of the spectrum at the same time o_O

[edit] I have mentioned I don't have a VIN either and he said that it's quite common for this to happen. Go figure.

Modulus1

Nov 20, 2020
Ohio
My Estimated Delivery is missing now too. I ordered a Long Range Model Y one week ago. Got a text yesterday saying "1-3 Weeks". No VIN yet.

I was on the fence about getting the Performance model, and finally made up my mind today to switch. I called the SC to change the config and afterwards I noticed the estimate was gone. I thought it was due to my change, but maybe not...

Taco9000

Nov 8, 2020
Northern California
I ordered on 10/19 and I just got that same text yesterday with 3-6 weeks window. My estimated delivery date on account page has been missing for about 3 weeks. Tesla SA said anytime between 2 weeks from now and Dec31. It doesn't seem like there is any method to the madness.

Sep 10, 2020
Nj
I ordered on 10/19 and I just got that same text yesterday with 3-6 weeks window. My estimated delivery date on account page has been missing for about 3 weeks. Tesla SA said anytime between 2 weeks from now and Dec31. It doesn't seem like there is any method to the madness.
Unfortunate but true. I am scheduled to pickup on Tuesday and hesitated since the vin I have is unlikely to have the auto dimming side mirrors but if I push back who knows if I even get this year. Not worth the risk.

theslimshadyist

Trampa!
Jan 4, 2016
Tampa, FL
My Estimated Delivery is missing now too. I ordered a Long Range Model Y one week ago. Got a text yesterday saying "1-3 Weeks". No VIN yet.

I was on the fence about getting the Performance model, and finally made up my mind today to switch. I called the SC to change the config and afterwards I noticed the estimate was gone. I thought it was due to my change, but maybe not...

Same. Ordered on 11/16, got a text yesterday, and now my estimated delivery range is gone as well.

CoOlxtOny

Nov 18, 2020
New Jersey
Does this really mean anything? I wonder if it's just a system-wide event? I ordered 11/17, saw VIN updated in account 11/18. Never received any text about delivery.

Mtb2020

Nov 19, 2020
Idaho
I’m not reading into anything. I take it as stated. It was a autogenerated message. It was probably triggered by the erasing of the estimated date that was previously listed.

Reactions: marines310

marines310

Oct 27, 2020
San Francisco
I’m not reading into anything. I take it as stated. It was a autogenerated message. It was probably triggered by the erasing of the estimated date that was previously listed.

The cautious side of me thinks you're probably right. However, it seems like there were a lot of different estimated dates thrown around and some don't make sense. I guess only time will tell.

DenverEV

Nov 19, 2020
Denver
The cautious side of me thinks you're probably right. However, it seems like there were a lot of different estimated dates thrown around and some don't make sense. I guess only time will tell.

yeah plus some people didn’t even get a text (like me). I just ordered Tuesday.

DenverEV

Nov 19, 2020
Denver
Got my VIN today - 79,xxx. LR AWD MSM 20” black int no tow no FSD.

I think Tesla has automated emails set up for when your VIN is assigned because I got some training materials emailed and then checked and saw the VIN.

Reactions: jetsurgn

Mtb2020

Nov 19, 2020
Idaho
Got my VIN today - 79,xxx. LR AWD MSM 20” black int no tow no FSD.

I think Tesla has automated emails set up for when your VIN is assigned because I got some training materials emailed and then checked and saw the VIN.

When did you place your order if you don’t mind me asking.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC