Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Estimated Delivery" disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey group, Tesla first timer here. Sorry if this is a common occurrence or an easy answer but I haven't found the answer yet

So two things happened today I'm trying to make sense of:

#1 I got a text today saying that my MY will be ready for delivery in 4-6 weeks from today.

"Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this time frame is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions."

This is actually outside of my original delivery estimate because when I ordered my MY, it said 4-8 weeks starting mid-October. This week is my 5th week, meaning that this new estimate is actually just outside of my max window.

The text itself says it's an estimate but is this something that's fairly accurate?

#2 My estimated delivery from my Account/Manage page disappeared.

On the Estimated Delivery, it used to say 4-8 weeks from the day you ordered but after I got the text mentioned above, the time window disappeared and now looks like this.

Estimated delivery
-
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Individually and/or collectively, do these two things mean anything? I'm actually changing addresses soon so I'm kinda hoping the stars align for an easy move and a sooner rather than later pickup of my MY.

Thanks!

Nothing is surprising about Tesla and delivery timing. They seem to always be making it up as they go along.

"My" MY arrived a week before the "scheduled" delivery, and with the 3 day "hold" limit, "my" car might not be around when my finances are in hand. I might have to go to the end of the line again.

Last edited:
"Enjoying the process" has allowed me plenty of social time with the guys at the SC, picking their brains, hanging out with the service guys, as well. I've latched onto one guy who has immersed himself in Tesla for the past 3 years. He's the one that will know the instant Tesla softens the suspension in the Y!!!

I called my local Tesla SC today and someone said that missing the delivery window could mean that your delivery is actually really close... so looks like I'm on both ends of the spectrum at the same time o_O

[edit] I have mentioned I don't have a VIN either and he said that it's quite common for this to happen. Go figure.

My Estimated Delivery is missing now too. I ordered a Long Range Model Y one week ago. Got a text yesterday saying "1-3 Weeks". No VIN yet.

I was on the fence about getting the Performance model, and finally made up my mind today to switch. I called the SC to change the config and afterwards I noticed the estimate was gone. I thought it was due to my change, but maybe not...

I ordered on 10/19 and I just got that same text yesterday with 3-6 weeks window. My estimated delivery date on account page has been missing for about 3 weeks. Tesla SA said anytime between 2 weeks from now and Dec31. It doesn't seem like there is any method to the madness.

I ordered on 10/19 and I just got that same text yesterday with 3-6 weeks window. My estimated delivery date on account page has been missing for about 3 weeks. Tesla SA said anytime between 2 weeks from now and Dec31. It doesn't seem like there is any method to the madness.
Unfortunate but true. I am scheduled to pickup on Tuesday and hesitated since the vin I have is unlikely to have the auto dimming side mirrors but if I push back who knows if I even get this year. Not worth the risk.

My Estimated Delivery is missing now too. I ordered a Long Range Model Y one week ago. Got a text yesterday saying "1-3 Weeks". No VIN yet.

I was on the fence about getting the Performance model, and finally made up my mind today to switch. I called the SC to change the config and afterwards I noticed the estimate was gone. I thought it was due to my change, but maybe not...

Same. Ordered on 11/16, got a text yesterday, and now my estimated delivery range is gone as well.