Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Delivery in 2 Days - yet no VIN assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y 4 months ago. The estimated delivery has changed quite a bit, but never got this close without updating.
I live in Dallas so maybe this is contingent on Austin factory opening. However, my estimated delivery is in 2 days and there's no VIN assigned yet.
Anyone else experience this nonsense?

I ordered my Model Y 4 months ago. The estimated delivery has changed quite a bit, but never got this close without updating.
I live in Dallas so maybe this is contingent on Austin factory opening. However, my estimated delivery is in 2 days and there's no VIN assigned yet.
What is your EDD dates? It will most likely change the day after your start EDD date.

Mine was like:

Initial EDD was 1/7 to 1/30.
On 1/8, the EDD was updated to 1/9 to 1/30.
On 1/10, it changed to 1/13 to 2/7.

And I have not been assigned a VIN
Me too. I’ve entered the EDD range three times and each time my range was moved back to begin the day after the change. Last night it moved from 1/12 to /1/22 to 1/14 to 1/24. Of course no VIN yet. Once I get a VIN it will mean my delivery is two or three days away as I’m in the SF Bay Area.

I’ve accepted the volatility as typical of Tesla’s (poor) customer service. If you want the car this comes with it it, so I’ve stopped worrying about it.

My EDD was just updated to March 12-31st.
🤦‍♀️