Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated delivery of new orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

disagree

hos epi to polu
Feb 20, 2016
chicago, il
Hi all, as I inch closer to giving in to my technophilia, I see that delivery estimates have been removed from the configurator page.

Has anyone placed an order (for a 90d ideally) recently and is willing to share the timeframe they were given?

Thanks a bunch.

Reservation placed 9/17/14, Order placed 9/9/16 (why yes we did take our sweet time thinking about it) for an X90D six seat config, Order confirmed, delivery date Late Oct/early Nov provided and VIN assigned in rapid succession on 9/17/16. No indication build has started, but we actually can't take delivery until mid Nov due to other issues anyway, so they will hold it for us if it builds/delivers earlier that we are ready to accept it.

Reactions: disagree
I have mine ready to go through on Oct 20.

I want it to be deliveried in January so I get a 2017 instead of a 2016.

You know just have the newest....lol

There are no model years. You want one built in 2017? Then order it in December for March delivery. Otherwise, if you choose January delivery, they could build it in November and just hold it for you. Or December. It's a bit "novel" to want it built in 2017 - but if you do want that, you need to know how the process works. Each car has a Monroney window sticker (the "sticker price" sticker) which shows the month it was built. If you have a confirmation happening on Oct 20, more than likely, they will be calling you and wanting you to take delivery in December to help with quarterly sales. Perhaps even offering a discount on an inventory car to urge the completion of sale by Dec 31. Just happened in earnest in September.

Every week we get given a new estimated delivery pushing back yet another month. We ordered in 2014 and confirmed the build early this year. I was told August, then October, then December and now February next year. Who is the production team leader? I don't mid slipping delivery if we are given a reason. But we are told nothing.
It's so frustrating especially when Tesla keep telling the media you can order now as if all is ok. Why can we be given a reason for these ongoing delays. Can anyone help with the question " why the delay?"

There are no model years. You want one built in 2017? Then order it in December for March delivery. Otherwise, if you choose January delivery, they could build it in November and just hold it for you. Or December. It's a bit "novel" to want it built in 2017 - but if you do want that, you need to know how the process works. Each car has a Monroney window sticker (the "sticker price" sticker) which shows the month it was built. If you have a confirmation happening on Oct 20, more than likely, they will be calling you and wanting you to take delivery in December to help with quarterly sales. Perhaps even offering a discount on an inventory car to urge the completion of sale by Dec 31. Just happened in earnest in September.

Order got confirmed yesterday.

Told them to put it in production on Jan 1st 2017 - should be finished within that week and delivered by the end of January.

Perfect execution.

Reactions: mkq786 and SaintD
Order got confirmed yesterday.

Told them to put it in production on Jan 1st 2017 - should be finished within that week and delivered by the end of January.

Perfect execution.

Keep in mind - do you want your car built on Jan 1st ? :) I think most factories will take the first week of the quarter off, and this year, probably the last 3 days of Dec and Jan 1,2 as well to let employees rest a bit from another big quarter. The production date should be the day it leaves the factory so that may be the 2nd week in January.

Keep in mind - do you want your car built on Jan 1st ? :) I think most factories will take the first week of the quarter off, and this year, probably the last 3 days of Dec and Jan 1,2 as well to let employees rest a bit from another big quarter. The production date should be the day it leaves the factory so that may be the 2nd week in January.

Regardless, 2017 is when I want it built ( and requested ) my other half won't let me drive it in the winter anyways so even if we wait till march / April it would be fine.

I just want it in the garage in case snow leaves the ground early

Regardless, 2017 is when I want it built ( and requested ) my other half won't let me drive it in the winter anyways so even if we wait till march / April it would be fine.

I just want it in the garage in case snow leaves the ground early
Why aren't you aloud to drive it in the winter? Tesla duel drive is better then most other cars when it comes to traction in snow and ice.