TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Estimated Delivery Time

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jchau, Aug 11, 2018.

1. jchau

jchau Member

The estimate delivery is 2-4 months in general. It does say actual delivery depends on "Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration." The option I am waiting for is Long Range Battery and Standard interior, but I am considering ordering the Long Range + PUP to get the full federal tax return.

To cut the story short. I am a day 1 store reservation holder. Does this actually help me get the car closer to 2 months wait or is it actually not helpful at all. If its 2 months i'll be able to wait longer to see if Telsa will release the version of the car I want and get the full 7500 credit

2. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

You can get the current configurations within 11 days in some cases. Non PUP will not exist in time to get the full 7500 credit.

3. moonfresh

moonfresh Member

You'll get it sooner. If all goes well, it will be 15days for me. And I did not reserve 2 years ago. I just got the long range/RWD.

4. jchau

jchau Member

anyone else have delivery time information recently? Im not expecting for them to off non PUP but just an option for myself to wait long as possible just in case

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

The order tracker that hundreds of users have entered data into shows delivery in 10-35 days after order depending on what state you are in. This is for the past three weeks.

6. Koflach

Koflach Member

You will get your car between 10 days and way too fu cking long

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. pcons

pcons Support Movember: https://mobro.co/13874276?mc=1

I dont believe reservation date, previous owner status, etc means anything anymore. More about if your config matches an available car from the batches they are building and your location.

I doubt they will release the non-PUP version before the end of the year. Since you are in Cali you could get delivery sooner and may take a risk to wait, but if I were you I wouldn't risk it. Think of it this way, you'll get the full 7500 if you order now, and likely only 3750 if you wait AND they release non-PUP in time....consider the 'guaranteed' additional 3750 you get by ordering now a cost which pays for a large chunk of the PUP upgrade :)

For those of us in Canada it would be great to have a 10 day wait after ordering. I ordered in early July, had sept/nov delivery, requested a paint change a week later (edit button was gone) and it took them 3 weeks to update that, and by that time it pushed my delivery window to october/december :( After a call to Tesla I was told I would 'likely' now get a call around the end of october with my vin and to schedule a delivery :( :(

8. hurjio

hurjio Member

Dig into the Tesla Model 3 Ordering spreadsheet that is a stickied post. Has a lot of entries and you can filter by multiple parameters (location, configuration, etc...). Currently, people in CA (even without day 1 reservations) ordering standard LR are getting estimated deliveries of about 2 weeks from configuration. This is likely from their stockpile of standard LR from the end of June while the factory currently is pumping out Performance and AWD.

9. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I’m not so sure they are still from the June surge. I saw a video of a MSM that said it was made in July and was VIN 39,000 something. Mine is 490xx and I’m also getting mine within a couple of weeks of order. I didn’t reserve until February 2018 and ordered on 8/7