TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EStimated pickup window?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Raven5000, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Raven5000

Raven5000 Member

What does this mean? That my car will be ready for pickup between these dates? Suppose to to have delivery between feb-march but sooner is fine with me! Yayyy! Someone correct me if im wrong. If I'm right I would think they would have no problem of hitting their 5k goal by the end of the year. Sounds like theyre really ramping up.

Tesla Grin!

2. jbherman

jbherman Member

I signed my paperwork 5 days ago and got the email last night that my car would be delivered to Kansas City between 12/15/12 and 12/31/12. That's a 9-25 day window between signing the contract and getting the car...I'm shocked! Doesn't give me much time to get my ducks in a row (electrician, financing, etc.). I thought I'd have until late February or early March. I called to confirm. They are flying through their orders now...freaking out (not complaining)!

3. Brian H

Brian H Banned

Santa's little elves are outdoing themselves.

4. bob_p

bob_p Member

It could be there are a number of orders for items that won't be in production until next year (multi-coat red, no air suspension, 40 or 60 KWhr batteries).

I got my signed paperwork back today, with a delivery window of Feb-Mar, but wouldn't mind getting it sooner...

I suspect that once they are in full production with all 3 batteries, that most of the orders will be for the 40 and 60 - and not the 85s.

5. Brian H

Brian H Banned

I wonder if even TM has a good grip on how it's going to shake out in the long term. Exposure of the market to actual cars and 'trending' in word-of-mouth may determine how that goes.