Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Range VS Ideal Range Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning to find my Ideal Range = 226m and my Estimated Range = 56m. This was after a long drive in the AZ heat that left only 8m on the Ideal Range and 3m on the Estimated Range. Put car in cool garage and charged up like normal. Anybody have an idea what happened and how to reset?

Probably just low battery combined with long drive in the heat has estimated range wrong. Might try a relaxed drive in cooler (morning) weather to see if estimated range comes back. My estimated range varies wildly based on driving conditions...

Others might have better, more experience based answers...

Probably just low battery combined with long drive in the heat has estimated range wrong. Might try a relaxed drive in cooler (morning) weather to see if estimated range comes back. My estimated range varies wildly based on driving conditions...

Others might have better, more experience based answers...

That is what I was planning......... a early morning 60 mile drive to force the estimated miles down to 0m then either return to the charger for a full charge or call the tow truck.

• Funny
Reactions: PV-EV
Yup...... nice cool drive in the mountains and next charge solved the problem. Thanks for the help. Over the past nine years I have always been lucky enough to get good help from fellow Teslarites. Thanks ........ heading to Scottsdale to drive a Model 3 next week. Can't wait.
NNOOOOO....... not to get rid of 992 but to add a garage mate! Won't be able to buy food for awhile but I need to loose weight!

Sc
Yup...... nice cool drive in the mountains and next charge solved the problem. Thanks for the help. Over the past nine years I have always been lucky enough to get good help from fellow Teslarites. Thanks ........ heading to Scottsdale to drive a Model 3 next week. Can't wait.
NNOOOOO....... not to get rid of 992 but to add a garage mate! Won't be able to buy food for awhile but I need to loose weight!
So I'm not the only guy scrounging around for old restaurant gift cards and buying some ramen noodles at the grocery to buy an additional Tesla?