Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Repair Cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just scratched but slight dent in rear door and what looks like quarter panel. Just got the car one month ago. So bummed out. Shops all closed right now for weekend. Any idea of the ball park for repair cost
20220122_160646.jpg
?

Attachments

• 20220122_165740.jpg
    20220122_165740.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 464
Oh man, sorry to hear about your car.

As simple as this might look, this could be a nearly $10k repair in my opinion, it would depend if the door need to be replaced entirely. They would probably have to repaint the entire passenger side to ensure the color is even, and that's probably one of the biggest cost besides the parts and labor.

As simple as this might look, this could be a nearly $10k repair in my opinion, it would depend if the door need to be replaced entirely. They would probably have to repaint the entire passenger side to ensure the color is even, and that's probably one of the biggest cost besides the parts and labor.ah

As simple as this might look, this could be a nearly $10k repair in my opinion, it would depend if the door need to be replaced entirely. They would probably have to repaint the entire passenger side to ensure the color is even, and that's probably one of the biggest cost besides the parts and labor.
Big big thanks for the reply man. Really sucks but atleast there's an idea. It was my fault and I'll definitely have to go through my insurance to cover 10 to 15k in damages. I'm also thinking of going outside of a tesla approved repair. We'll see what happens

Stories like yours and my own experience are leading me to reconsider whether I get another Tesla. I've had a Model 3 for about 18 months. In that time, I had 2 very minor accidents, both with surprising repair costs from certified repair shop due to factors like the extensive disassemble and reassembly required, as well as repairs to behind-the-panel electronics. For example
1) Guy in an Explorer backs into me at low speed by accident when pulling out of a parking spot. We get out, there's a tiny scuff in my paint and a barely discernible dent. That was $4k to fix because of unseen damage to sensors etc etc, and thankfully the other guy honored his commitment to pay out of pocket after I got the estimate
2) Small dent in the left rear quarter, another $4k

I drove German cars for years before my Tesla. Every few years I'd need to fix dings like the 2 examples above, and never more than a few hundred dollars.

100% understand that the electronics are integral to the safety as well as the autonomous driving (which I don't care to use). But it remains to be seen if Tesla can or is motivated to pursue advances in their construction that make the electronics a bit more sturdy. Until then, repair costs are sort of a dirty little secret that people only learn about if they 1) investigate in advance of their purchase of lease, or 2) find out the hard way after the fact like many of us did :(

I love driving my Tesla but I don't know that I'll get another one right away when this lease comes up.

^ Totally get it -- I'm actually done with Tesla after buying a brand new Model Y, having even LESS damage than others in this thread, and still getting quoted upwards of $4.5k for some plastic replacement around the front right-side near the wheel well.

Definitely going back to non-Tesla cars after this; hopefully still electric, but we'll see.