TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Estonia

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by Mario Kadastik, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Didn't fare too well on the teslamotors.com forum, hopefully there are some more Estonians lurking here so that we can start chatting about what and how to manage our Teslas here :) As a start I discovered today that the EU service page lists the service centers AND the ranger coverage region and interestingly enough the whole Baltic region is highlighted as ranger coverage region. This is not what I had felt from Q&A with Tesla at various phone calls, but I didn't really press it that much.

I've also done a lot of work to get insurances to accept Tesla Model S as a real car and to get them to insure them at a reasonable rate. Didn't quite get there with two of them, but did get one of them to give a very reasonable quote. More details once I know someone else is actually reading it too :)

2. maxbafh

maxbafh Member

3. Mario Kadastik

Thanks for the link, sent him a PM :) And yes, I've already computed that starting from Tallinn I should do a quick stop at Estonian border to top up and then repeat on the return trip, in both cases ~30 min at 22kW should be enough to give me enough charge to travel to and from Tallinn to Riga in almost any weather :) And I do take trips there for various reasons so for sure would be interesting to hear his stories. And I think a friend of mine has seen his car around in Riga :)

4. Mario Kadastik

And I'll keep talking to myself. There's now a Facebook page for the Tesla fanclub in Estonia. It contains current owners and future buyers as well as everyone interested in Tesla's doings.

Tesla Fänniklubi Eestis

5. Pate

Pate Member

Hello southern neighbour! :)

I'm not from Estonia but from Finland, so just a bit higher up from where you are. Anyways, just wanted to say hi, and give thanks for the "külma ilmaga" video I just ran across on Youtube. Very informative, and even though I didn't quite understand everything that you talked about, I think I understood sufficiently to follow your description of the power and regen limits etc. So thanks!

Pate

6. Mario Kadastik

You are welcome :) And if you've not yet done it you can also join the TesladEestis page where I try to regularly post about the real life usage and where other future owners hopefully will do the same. The second car will arrive in just under two weeks :)