Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ETA for Model 3 White and Tan Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they were going to switch to nothing but AWD only 6 months into production, why even start with RWD at all? Why not just start with AWD from the beginning?
I suppose because RWD is a little bit simpler. Also most Model 3s have gone to California where there is much less demand for AWD. I was just saying that it would make sense to run the line with only AWD until the demand from everyone who has delayed their configuration for t had been met. Simpler to only produce one variant at a time.

I predict that the first solid information about non black interiors will be when they are included in the configuration pages. Should have estimated delivery times then.

When Tesla wants a flood of new firm orders they will release additonal options.

Right now, they are hard pressed to just get out the cars with the now standard configuration.

With Tesla only able to produce 1,000 white interiors per week and all of those going to Performance cars, when will they be available for everyone else? Does this priority list look about right?

White Interior Priority
LR - Performance - AWD (Starts in July with max of 1,000/week)
LR - AWD
LR
SR - AWD
SR

With Tesla only able to produce 1,000 white interiors per week and all of those going to Performance cars, when will they be available for everyone else? Does this priority list look about right?

White Interior Priority
LR - Performance - AWD (Starts in July with max of 1,000/week)
LR - AWD
LR
SR - AWD
SR
I would take a guess at the following:
Performance
LR
SR
(I see no reason why LR AWD would go before LR RWD. If anything, they might offer white to RWD earlier as they have already filled many black interior RWD orders. I think white interior went to performance as a bonus to lure those that might not otherwise opt for a substantial price upgrade. That's less of a factor for RWD possibly.) Just a guess.