TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ETA on CHAdemo adapter?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by David Rhee, Dec 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. David Rhee

David Rhee Member

I was wondering if anyone has a scoop on when the Chademo adapter would be available? I'm seeing a bunch of Chademo stations coming online in my area and I would really like to have the option to plug into them!

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The store says "coming this winter", which ends March 19. So I'd expect it in March or April.

3. Earthdog

Earthdog Member

My email to Tesla last got a reply of January. It was December in November though...

4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

ETAs will likely depend on where you live. I suspect that the Japanese version will be available first. US version will be slightly different and will presumably have to pass US safety certification (like UL), which will make it hard to predict when it'll be available.

5. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Well the JP version is supposed to be the same as EU version, right. Well this is what I got from Tesla as feedback when it'll come for EU:

6. David Rhee

David Rhee Member

So it looks like it could be anywhere from January to March... :( I was hoping for an earlier availability... Oh Well, TM can only do so much with limited resources.

7. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

after not knowing if it was even going to happen at all, I have to admit I'm mostly just happy we have confirmation it's coming at all. Super excited to get my hands on one even if it takes another 6 months!

8. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I predict March 47th.

9. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

I just helped my friend place an order last night and when he logged into My Tesla to go over the design again just in case we noticed that it now listed a load of extra accessories that can be ordered with the car (not visible on standard design page, only once you place the order). The things that are available there is a Type-II to Type-II cable (€450) and CHAdeMO adapter (€800) amongst other things. So now you CAN buy a Type-II cable from Tesla and they officially list CHAdeMO adapter for purchase indicating that it may well be available once his car delivers (estimated delivery indicated at late April 2014).