Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ETCgreen anti-EV FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to start an e-mail conversation with him. Same thing. Lots of 'facts' but refuses to answer most questions. Still insists that Tesla and EVs have lots more rare earth metals then diesel cars or gas cars and won't answer the question about where I can find B100 and what car can I buy today that supports the use of B100 under warranty. Is either not a legitimate operation or is not very good at the field of 'green energy' he works in. Funny how they support solar on their website yet he seems to think it's not a good technology.

Hmm. It seems that the launches in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011 have all failed to produce a car. The company website appears to be gone: http://www.trident-vehicles.co.uk/defaultsite EVs are here now.

And as was stated above, It was slower than my car anyway.

some links:

This car was launched in 2007 but didn't appear
Iceni sports cars plans to go 1000 miles on one tank of biodiesel

Again in 2008
Trident Iceni, a biodiesel-powered supercar, would get 57 mpg for just 75,000

July 2011
After many delays, $150,000 biodiesel-powered Trident Iceni ready to launch

Norway is a very sparsely populated country, and has huge areas covered by spruce and pine forest. We have long traditions of exporting timber, lumber, paper etc. based on this resource, so naturally the prospect of using timber for biofuel production is interesting. Norsk Forskingsråd (Norwegian Research Council) conducted a study some years ago, which revealed that even if all available forest was used for this purpose, we can't hope to even cover our own needs. Google "Fra skog til drivstoff" to get the report (in Norwegian).

Net Norwegian forest biomass growth per year contains approximately 35 TWh of energy. Conversion to bioethanol is approximately 50% efficient, so a maximum of less than 20 TWh of bioethanol could theoretically be produced in a sustainable fasion. Norway burns off approximately 60 TWh of fossil fuels per year.

For comparison, we produce on average 120 TWh of electricity per year.

Farming yields more per area, but that affects food prices. Second generation biofuel from timber yields far too little energy. The numbers just don't work out, so biofuel should be reserved for applications where EVs can't do the job.

Maybe they can get algae to produce oil at some point in the future, maybe lithium-air batteries become available. Until then we have to work with what we have.

Last edited:
No more responses from etcgreen. I'm still waiting to hear from him where I can buy this B100 supercar or where I can find a B100 station anywhere in the state of Texas. This guy does a disservice to his stated goal of trying to get off of foreign oil by trying to discredit equally viable and already delivered products like EVs.