TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC
  1. image.jpeg image.jpeg proud tesla employee
    blocking not 1, not 2 but 4 charging ports near Denver airport.
    Our 2 tesla family pulled our two Teslas in to charge.
    Guy wearing tesla shirt showed up after we plugged in, saw me taking pics and basically dared me to post it. He said it was easier for him to drive out. Think Elon wants his chargers to be hogged for his employees convenience? How can we win against ICE harassment with this self important, self proclaimed Tesla employee?

• Like x 2
  2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

How do you know this was a Tesla employee? The car doesn't have manufacturer plates, and many of us wear Tesla gear when driving on trips.

• Helpful x 1
  3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I doubt the veracity of his statements. First and foremost, the only Tesla presence (store/gallery/service center) is located in Kansas City, Missouri, and demo cars are titled/registered out of Missouri. This would be his personal car if that were the case, or he has taken a customer's car all the way from KC to Denver (which would be silly).

That said, the plate is registered out of Johnson County, KS, which includes Overland Park (in the Kansas City MSA). So it's possible it could be a Tesla employee's personal car, but then again I've found that most Tesla employees don't drive Tesla cars (at least not until Model 3 comes out).

I've dropped an e-mail to the manager of the Kansas City store in case he recognizes the person. I expect to receive an e-mail saying that he's not an employee.

• Like x 1
  5. st50maint

st50maint Member

I assume (hope) the car's owner would have moved it if other Teslas had shown up needing a charge?

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I received a reply. I've been assured that this person does not work for Tesla Kansas City. The car is registered in a county in the Kansas City metropolitan area. It doesn't rule out the guy working for Tesla (e.g. corporate), but the chances of that are very slim IMO.

It seems to be a self-centered owner trying to BS you so you'll excuse him.

7. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

In other words another entitled douche. Quite the epidemic these days.

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Notice which Model S he is driving. Although only a minority of owners of this variant are like this, it fits the stereotype.

9. Zextraterrestrial

He thought the D was for douchey