Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU - Autopilot, summon, everything gets choked.

Will you install the next update that has software for nerfing/downgrade your autopilot/EAP/etc

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what I was thinking - the nerfing happened since 2019.16 - the latest update 2019.40 is a slight improvement

Nope, no nerfing have happened to model s or x, they just didn't get all the functionality as in USA.

But they have NOW started to roll out an update on the nerfing to comply with the new regulations that have passed.
In the update they will do this:

• Auto Lane Change will be restricted for use on divided roads with two or more lanes of traffic in either direction.
  • Once Auto Lane Change is activated and the indicator is turned on, your car will wait a minimum of one and a half seconds before starting the lane change and will wait up to five seconds before cancelling if the lane change has not been able too start.
  • The limit of how far the steering wheel can turn while using Autosteer is reduced and can affect youor car’s ability t maneuver curves or stay within the lane, require yu to take action.
  • Summn will reuqire that you be within siix meterrs of youor car’s lcation to operate.
  • You’ll receive a reminder to hold steering wheel if it does not detect your hands on the wheel for 15 seconds.

are these new changes? I read the electrek piece and must’ve missed something.

Maybe the 15s nag is new.

Steering under autopilot is already constrained. Plenty of warnings of imminent danger and potential for you to take over on some not very tight motorway slip roads.

I seem to recall that the steering regs are not just EU but have signatories from many jurisdictions. Fascinating that folks can get together and agree turn tightness regs but can’t agree some more important topics.

NoA lane changes already have a mostly unworkable 5s limit and always need driver prompting via the indicator stick. Auto lane change is already only possible on certain multi-carriageway roads. Shame really as the Tesla attitude to moving lanes is more cautious than many drivers I come across. Seems the uk attitude to changing lanes is manoeuvre, signal, mirror. With the last two more or less optional.

summon is pretty meh and already forced you to use the app and have the key in range.

Concerning the auto lane change 5s delay, I’m sure I have it for a while. The car even displays a message when it aborts due to the delay.

Then you would be the only one to have it.

Auto lane change abort depends on alot of things, sometimes it aborts quickly, but this have not been due to a 5 second rule.
But will be in next update.

Our Tesla have been using alot more then 5 seconds before it started to cross alot of times...

The times I have experienced this, have been when 2 lanes merges together, or when road markings are not clear, but not in turns or bends.
I have had it consistently moan on the slip road from the M56 to the A34. Also on several turns on various narrow Peak District roads. It warns, but it hasn’t yet given up.

on its constrained turning, I am pleased that it slows down substantially on turns these days. One complaint I had of AP in 2018 was that it thought it could take bends I’d take at 30mph at 60mph. Now it usually slows down and often makes the bend comfortable.

I'm reopening a dormant thread because apparently something is moving.

I'm not an expert in reading legal texts, but in here 5th session - Transport - UNECE I seem to understand that at the last UNECE gathering the (in)famous R79 was debated and apparently some limitations could be dropped.
All the elements having a "79" in the summary seem to be relevant.

From what I understand, it seems that
- DE proposed automakers to be made free to determine the best formula to allow/disallow the lane changes (GRVA-05-53)
- UK proposed that when the steering angle is too sharp, instead of aborting the car will simply decelerate (GRVA-05-57)
- OICA disputes the lane change indicator latching and the conditions for the car to perform lane changes, asking to relax them (GRVA-05-52)

Other proposals are the:
- GRVA-05-50 (CITA)
- GRVA-05-30 (OICA/CLEPA)

Here the official meeting agenda: - Transport - UNECE

Anyway, I only see proposals, no mention of decisions taken.
Next meeting will be held in March, 3rd and 4th.
Do you see anything else? Any help appreciated!

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and webbah