Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU brake light vs US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the screenshot from a service bulletin.
Yes, the TPMS can be killed. They killed it on my car, before I got it, unfortunately. Even though it loses sync at a lot of drivers, I wish I had it!
As currently implemented, TPMS doesn't alert you until it's far too late, and the settings can't be changed they way they can be in some cars so that proper alerts can be activated.

In the EU it was a option, in the US it was mandatory. When I was looking in to buying a new 2.0 or then maybe already 2.5 they advised me agains getting the option on the car. The ware having a lot of warranty issues with them already back then. I ended up with a slightly used 1.5 from the US in the end. When they were offering the winter tire on a second set of rims for a discount I said yes. In the end I had to gave rims back because in the 1.5 you can not switch the TPMS in the car off and they could program the in EU exotic 1.5 modules on the wheel. On the other hand I never had a single issue with modules so far, thank god.

As currently implemented, TPMS doesn't alert you until it's far too late, and the settings can't be changed they way they can be in some cars so that proper alerts can be activated.

I have to disagree.

Twice now, my TPMS warning has come up in the Winter, when the pressure was only very slightly on the low side. Form my perspective, they work quite well.

Then again, this could be a Model S problem, and you posted to the wrong forum. :wink: