Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[EU] CCS SuperChargers charge <100kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
I've read multiple reports, but I saw this happening yesterday when traveling through Germany.

I arrived at a SuperCharger (Waldlaubersheim) where 6 of the 8 stalls where converted to support CCS. All stalls were empty.

I plugged in my Model S 100D with a SoC of ~20% and it started charging with 93kW.

After moving to a stall which wasn't converted yet I got 118kW.

As I read multiple reports about this it seems to be that the updated SuperChargers are about 30kW slower, which is a lot.

Have other people seen this?

I'm not sure, but i think i started one charge at a stall that had CCS also and it was slow, so i changed to another stall (a "normal" one i think) and started to charge at about 120kw (a bit less).
I will check that probably this weekend.

Ok i checked it this past weekend and in the SuC i charged this was not confirmed.
I used a CCS stall on purpose and it started to charge at 116kw (SoC of 24%) then stabilized at 110kw for a moment.
Of course the charging rate deceased as usual as the battery was charging.

widodh have you tried charging at a CCS stall with both the 100 and the 85?

Noticed the same during my trip to Austria at the end of februari. CCS combo stalls in Germany, max 95 kW. Switching to a 'normal' stall max 119 kW. Last night, max 90 kW at a combo stall in NL.

Some combo stalls are just slower. Bjorn has reported that with his Model 3, in that he can get 90kW in one stall and move to a different one and get ~120kW...

• Informative
Reactions: widodh
Friday evening at SuC Bunnik (all stalls CCS enabled), after a long trip with stopover at Veenendaal (28 km):
WhatsApp Image 2019-04-12 at 18.35.11.jpeg

Seconds later 116 kW.

OT: My UMC has failed (no response on reset, uninterrupted green LED light, car doesn't detect plugged-in cable), so I'll be checking some more CCS SuC stalls in the near future. :confused:

[edit: language switch]

Last edited:
Vrijdagavond in Bunnik, na een lange rit met stop in Veenendaal (28 km):
View attachment 396475
Even later 116 kW.

OT: Mijn UMC lijkt kaduuk (reset doet niks, LED brandt continu groen, auto detecteert de ingestoken kabel niet), dus zal binnenkort nog wat meer CCS SuC stalls testen. :confused:
This topic is not in the Dutch part, but thanks for the information!

• Helpful
Reactions: PaulusdB
Experiencing this again, this time at Mogendorf. Tried two CCS chargers with my Model S 100D with the SoC at 10%. Maximum of 90kW.

I then switched to the last non CCS stall and I got 118kw right away.

The whole SuC was emtpy, so there was no stall pairing.

Outside temp is 22C and I drove 150km before I got to the SuC.

With between 45 - 50% charge, I have had 110 - 112 kW at combined superchargers in the UK and France. I wonder if Tesla have been selectively applying limits on Type 2 connections at combined superchargers, where Model 3 owners have complained that they could not charge due to MS or MX cars charging.

With between 45 - 50% charge, I have had 110 - 112 kW at combined superchargers in the UK and France. I wonder if Tesla have been selectively applying limits on Type 2 connections at combined superchargers, where Model 3 owners have complained that they could not charge due to MS or MX cars charging.
It’s odd. I had a few trips to Germany recently and every time I encountered a rather low charging speed on those combined stalls.

90kW feels very slow on a SuC.

Experiencing this again, this time at Mogendorf. Tried two CCS chargers with my Model S 100D with the SoC at 10%. Maximum of 90kW.

I then switched to the last non CCS stall and I got 118kw right away.

The whole SuC was emtpy, so there was no stall pairing.

Outside temp is 22C and I drove 150km before I got to the SuC.

It's not generalized. It must be stall related and not CCS or no CCS related.
At least here i can normally get 118kw at the begging (if i have low battery charge) either in CCS or no CCS stalls.

The supercharger page now explicitly states that S/X can only go to 120kW in Europe.

What is the peak charge rate I can receive with a CCS Combo 2 adapter?
All Model S and Model X owners can currently receive the highest current peak charge rates offered by V2 Supercharging in Europe (120kW). We will continue to validate this technology as part of the V3 Supercharger rollout and will provide additional information regarding peak charge rates as it is available.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/supercharging

It’s odd. I had a few trips to Germany recently and every time I encountered a rather low charging speed on those combined stalls.

As you probably know from me on the Dutch part of the forum is that I'm experiencing the same. The combo stalls did not gave me full speed and doing the stall shuffle to an 'old' Type 2 only stall resulted in max 118+ kW.

As you probably know from me on the Dutch part of the forum is that I'm experiencing the same. The combo stalls did not gave me full speed and doing the stall shuffle to an 'old' Type 2 only stall resulted in max 118+ kW.
Yes, I was aware. But a topic to share this with all European owners seemed better to me.

This is probably a thing occuring everywhere in Europe and not only NL.