TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EU finalize and deliveries

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by felixtb, Jan 10, 2013.

1. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

just thought I'd start a thread for European requests to finalize and eventual deliveries. we are not so many yet so maybe a simple thread will suffice.

would be great to hear when the first EUsigs get to finalize............

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

The Model S design studio now lists options and prices for EU countries. Expect the first "finalize" buttons soon! :cool:

3. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

I saw that, but i still get the US price - not the NOK price In it.

Edit; made sure Im on the norwegian Site aswell.

_____
    Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

4. Eikrokei

Eikrokei Member

It shows the prices in NOK for me, have you tried clearing your browser cache?

5. nikwest

nikwest Member

#5 nikwest, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    I just logged into my Tesla and got the finalize button!!!

EU Sig #84

6. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Wow, that's a milestone! Is there a delivery estimate?

7. nikwest

nikwest Member

well, I did not yet finalize ;-) I guess the delivery estimate is only showing once I completed finalize. I'm not yet even sure, if I really want to get a Model S.... I already have a roadster and just made a reservation to have the option to get one, if I really wanted to. Now I guess I have to decide soon ...

8. Omer

Omer Member

Did you deposit $40k like US sigs? I understand placing a deposit to keep options open but if timing and desire aren't that great why didn't you just put down $5k for a production deposit? There are so few Euro orders at this point that the timing difference between sig and production is probably less than a month.

9. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

I cancelled my Sig. and switched to P since I wanted to pick any color AND had no interest in the 21" wheels. It's my assumption as well that there should really only be a short time between Sig and P deliveries, but now I'm think Tesla might delay the P's on purpose 2-3 months, so as not to upset the Sig buyers...

10. Omer

Omer Member

I don't think you have to worry about Tesla artificially delaying orders. As soon as they can ship, they will!

11. Johan

But why here rather than the US where they have 15k+ orders lined up? Their margin is probably about the same, perhaps even better in the US since the EU cars have their quirks (3P charging, different light etc). The big question for me is how will they solve this in the factory? A separate line for EU cars? A "EU car week" where they just make 500 EU cars (=the Singatures)? Or will they just be taking a car here and a car there out of the line and making it in to a EU car? Remember these cars will not go from the factory directly to the customer, but to a hub in the Netherland, by ship, so you don't send 5 cars one day and 5 the next... you send however many that boat can hold, right?

12. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they do what they did for Canada. Sig's finalize, they make and ship the sigs. Once the sigs are delivered they invite production to finalize, which would mean the production cars are a couple months behind the sigs.

13. perbakken

perbakken Member

I have EU Sig #85 and haven't heard anything yet. I live in Norway and have also reserved Model S #270.

14. linaser

linaser Member

#14 linaser, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Are you a Roadster owner?

I'm EU Sig #14 and also haven't heard anything. TM UK told me, that Roadster owners will be invited first, which I'm not.

15. perbakken

perbakken Member

No, I don't own the Roadster so I suppose that this is the reason why we haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it won't last long before we will be asked to make the configuration of our cars.

16. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

Just got my config invitation today (SIG #5).

TM UK told me the following today on availability of "normal" Model S:
    So as color choice is very limited on signature editions, I might step back to a normal Model S.

17. psirnes

psirnes Member

Are you a Roadster owner who was invited to configure or an ordinary Sig reservation holder ?

Accroding to
    Model S Reservation Tally | Forums | Tesla Motors

There are 269 Roadster EU reservations. Are these invited before the 500 Eu SIGs?

Also the question arises whether they make region or country related batches regarding configuration and later delivery?

Regards EU Sig 52

18. nikwest

nikwest Member

yeah, I deposited 30k EUR. But I am also seriously thinking about stepping back to get a production instead. I don't really see the value of paying more for less choice. I also don't anticipate a big delay between Sigs an Production cars. I just don't know, if I can easily switch back. That's something I'm going to ask Tesla at the Get Amped event.

19. Johan

I had the opportunity to do this since I first had a P reservation, which was upgraded to Sig. And when I upgraded I was very specific about having the option to downgrade (keeping my earlier P nr) and getting this in writing. I've had no problem after asking to downgrade. Though they said it could take up to 4 weeks for the deposited to be returned to me. When I log in to "My Tesla" now under Status it says "Downgrading has started" (it's in Norwegian but that's the translation).

20. nikwest

nikwest Member

Good to know. I think if I get the Sig I have to take it in red. Otherwise it does not really make sense to get a Sig. But I like black or dolphin grey better. And I'm seriously starting to question 21 rims...