Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet they sold us the same car and one will lose šŸ˜‚
IMG_4783 2.jpeg

Got the car delivered 30 mins late, it was not ready (washing and plates needed to be mounted, and technical issue). Accepted the delivery in the rain and got in, the car seemed ok from the outside. While driving home noticed that the GPS location showed that the car was stuck in Fremont factory loading area. Cameras calibrated while I drove but autopilot refused to work and gives error that camera needs alignment. Multiple resets & boots did not help, software version was very old 2023.12.100 and does not seem to find any newer. Navigation map update downloaded and installed ok. Car drove perfectly and silently. I created a service ticket and hoping to get GPS and camera fixed some day.

Not a perfect delivery but happy to have the car finally after 29 months of waiting šŸ¤£

View attachment 975599
Got the car delivered 30 mins late, it was not ready (washing and plates needed to be mounted, and technical issue). Accepted the delivery in the rain and got in, the car seemed ok from the outside. While driving home noticed that the GPS location showed that the car was stuck in Fremont factory loading area. Cameras calibrated while I drove but autopilot refused to work and gives error that camera needs alignment. Multiple resets & boots did not help, software version was very old 2023.12.100 and does not seem to find any newer. Navigation map update downloaded and installed ok. Car drove perfectly and silently. I created a service ticket and hoping to get GPS and camera fixed some day.

Not a perfect delivery but happy to have the car finally after 29 months of waiting šŸ¤£
Congrats!

There is a recall regarding the camera pitch problem. I also had this back in June, actually just before the recall was announced, needs manual work.

https://www.tesla.com/support/recall-camera-pitch-adjustment

Reactions: Mazainen
Saw you leave, I was still there, took a throughout look at the car before. But only some misalignment on left tail light,will be fixed later. And tire pressure way low, weird they didnā€™t check that before (all tires 2.5bar).

New software was already on the car. Only drove it a few km to get ppf installed in the front end.

Reactions: Mazainen
Saw you leave, I was still there, took a throughout look at the car before. But only some misalignment on left tail light,will be fixed later. And tire pressure way low, weird they didnā€™t check that before (all tires 2.5bar).

New software was already on the car. Only drove it a few km to get ppf installed in the front end.
Please keep me updated if they actually fixed the misalignment. Mine has it as well, and I saw two other other Plaids as well which have it. It was "within specs" and I was told I had to pay it myself if I wanted to have it fixed. And if the car got damaged in the process it was my own problem. So I kept it as is...

I'll let you know, at least the ticket + estimate for it was automatically 0e. But we'll see once the day comes for them to fix the trim.
You got the estimate so soon? They are still reviewing my request :D I noticed also that the black trim that reads ā€œT e s l aā€œ in the back between tail lights is bulging out in the middle a bit and is loose from the right side. I added that to the ticket, but perhaps any editing of the service ticket sends you to the end of queue.

Please keep me updated if they actually fixed the misalignment. Mine has it as well, and I saw two other other Plaids as well which have it. It was "within specs" and I was told I had to pay it myself if I wanted to have it fixed. And if the car got damaged in the process it was my own problem. So I kept it as is...
I got finally GPS and cameras fixed 2 months after the delivery. Very happy to finally use the autopilot and cruise control. šŸ˜„ And I had also slight misalignment in the left tail light and Tesla mechanic confirmed the issue but they were unable to fix it and the car needs to be taken to body shop. This would be covered by the warranty.