Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signature multicoat red is a darker red:
7897437732_09ca6bbe97_k.jpg

Production multicoat red (formerly known as sunset red) is a brighter red:
7897438330_72674b7e9e_k.jpg

Congratulations! One question: I see you chose the 19" inch wheels. So you just donated 22250 NOK to Tesla?

Yes I realized that - as a Sig holder I could get the 21" for free, and this would make the price difference betw s Sig and a Regular a bit more acceptable. So the day after I finalized I called Tesla, London and asked if I could change fraom 19" to 21". He said I'll check, and a few hrs later the finalize button reappeared on my garage page and I was able to make a new configuration, now with 21" weels.
I am a bit skeptical regarding the 21" and the road conditions here in Norway, have read on TMC that the 19" have less rolling resistance than the 21"s and thus giving a few % more range and that the 21" are more prone to punctures . But I 'll try them when I get my Sig in Junie/Jly /( hopefully) and there are lots of Tesla P reservations holders that would trade their 19" for 21" with some money in between

Yes I realized that - as a Sig holder I could get the 21" for free, and this would make the price difference betw s Sig and a Regular a bit more acceptable. So the day after I finalized I called Tesla, London and asked if I could change fraom 19" to 21". He said I'll check, and a few hrs later the finalize button reappeared on my garage page and I was able to make a new configuration, now with 21" weels.
I am a bit skeptical regarding the 21" and the road conditions here in Norway, have read on TMC that the 19" have less rolling resistance than the 21"s and thus giving a few % more range and that the 21" are more prone to punctures . But I 'll try them when I get my Sig in Junie/Jly /( hopefully) and there are lots of Tesla P reservations holders that would trade their 19" for 21" with some money in between

Well done! And also well done Tesla.

Got the finalize-button last Wednesday but didn't press it until today. (S4) Confirmation said estimated delivery June/July.

If Sig.nr.4 gets june/july as estimated delivery date, mine (P852 EU) will be at least two months later if not three. So september, probably.

Very interesting also to see how so many reservations come from the 'European Arabs' (no offence) - the Norwegians, with all their oil and gas to last for decades. Guys with vision, I presume.

If Sig.nr.4 gets june/july as estimated delivery date, mine (P852 EU) will be at least two months later if not three. So september, probably.

Very interesting also to see how so many reservations come from the 'European Arabs' (no offence) - the Norwegians, with all their oil and gas to last for decades. Guys with vision, I presume.
I hope that I get R231 (and R232) in August then.

Still want to do some road trips while the sun is shining. Would hate to get the car in October when it's raining all day.

I hope to get my ride (P1418) In October-ish. Was told About 12 month waiting from reservation, so I timed it to reserve on October.

But, time will show, and the next 1-2 batches of finalize will really show when to expect.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

To have Model S approved for the EU marked they will also have to install headlight washers as this is mandatory for cars with Xenon headlights. Alernatively they could change the lights to LED type

Headlight washers in 2013? Come on! Hope they go for LED.

- - - Updated - - -

just thought I'd start a thread for European requests to finalize and eventual deliveries. we are not so many yet so maybe a simple thread will suffice.

would be great to hear when the first EUsigs get to finalize............

I got an e-mail it will be for june/july. I don't have a sig version though (I'm on a waiting list), but have R118.

Headlight washers in 2013? Come on! Hope they go for LED.

- - - Updated - - -

I got an e-mail it will be for june/july. I don't have a sig version though (I'm on a waiting list), but have R118.
Did you get the finalize e-mail as R118 or did you just inform?

Since I'm R231 and my colleague is R232 and it would be really soon if we get the finalize now.

400 a week total... How many of those goes to EU?
50?
If so 32 weeks later you have yours....

Shipping only 50 every week doesn't make sense, logistically. As far as I know they will allocate a number of weeks production for the EU in march, perhaps even that whole month, so they can ship a whole bunch to the EU at the same time. They promised that reserving before the end of 2012 would mean driving in 2013, which means they will have to deliver about 2500 cars in the EU this year.

Right?:smile:

Shipping only 50 every week doesn't make sense, logistically. As far as I know they will allocate a number of weeks production for the EU in march, perhaps even that whole month, so they can ship a whole bunch to the EU at the same time. They promised that reserving before the end of 2012 would mean driving in 2013, which means they will have to deliver about 2500 cars in the EU this year.

Right?:smile:

Didn't somebody state in another thread that EU production would be about 100-150 per week ? And quite a few of those P spots are probably empty from people doing Sig upgrades.

My guess is they make all the Sigs and ship them more or less together (makes sense to be done with the sig red color). Then we get an additional 100-150 cars per week, maybe shipped monthly. I'm hoping for my P1,088 being delivered in September.