Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from DS. Scheduled date for pickup is Sept 26th at Tilburg. My vin is 16785, reservation 348.

So now I need to get the car to Poznan, Poland. That is 915km. Originally I was planning to send a flatbed truck. But now I feel tempted to do a road trip... :)
Could anyone advise if this would be practical? Would it take two or three days? I'd rather not drive 40km/h. Would prefer motorways, 130km/h.
Maybe you know any suitable charging places to stop along the route?

915km is no problem. I drove from Tilburg after the event, where i got the cars key and documents, 560km home with my roadster, registered my new car and left home again with my roadster to arrive in Feldkirchen in time to take possession of my Model S, ride back home. I did 1300km within 2 days, 1000km with my roadster + 300km with the Model S.

You can do the 915km within one day. Dont forget to aquire a Typ 2 cable.

Best

Eberhard

Volker: Do you know if this works with all roaming phones, just some operators or just german telcos?
The website says it works with any mobile phone as long as you can use SMS. I hope it's true... Haven't tried. You could call +49 800 2255793 and ask. You could also download the iPhone/Android app, if you plan on being online (probably not when roaming). It's called "e-kWh":
e-kWh - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Our planned trip is: Tilburg - Bremen - Roskilde - Jönköping - Stockholm, using ferries over Fehmarn and Öresund.

Maybe some stints are a pushing it a bit range-wise, but we will bring kids so I will be quite loose on the pedal.
As far as I know, all RWE charging stations are 22kW, so that will charge you pretty quickly!

In the Netherlands there is E-Laad, but you need a special card for that and I don't know how it works for foreigners... But a REALLY cool trip if you are going to make it!

What VIN's are currently under construction (I found in the List, VIN 17996 is the highest that is in building prozess)

My Sig #410 VIN 16780 dashboard changed to "Production Complete. Your Model S Signature is being prepared for pickup or delivery" this morning, yes, yes, yes! No call about delivery yet though. Last week I got a revised delivery window Sep 16-30 instead of mid-Sep, so it is getting really close now, perhaps I'm among the first in Denmark!

@Angel

My Sig #419 has also changed to "Production Complete" tonight and had a delivery windows between September 21 and October 5. Guess that they will be shipped together on the same vessel - perhaps even in the same container.. I have had a call from Tesla delivery center in Copenhagen, and according to Lars Brandt - newly employed DS in CPH - shipping from Fremont to Copanhagen will take approximately 45 days +/-. I have a delivery appointment October 11 at 10 am - if vehicle is ready before possibly earlier.

You can PM me for Lars Brandts contact details.

FYI you will be asked how to pay for your car - lease, financing or cash, where should the car be insured, whether you want the 4 year service package - winter wheels.

I have decided not to go with the Tesla winter wheels - but to go for a set of PolarWheels - see Gruppekjøp: Vinterdekk og felg - Polarwheels + Nokian

Service - yes, but not included on the final invoice - but as a separate purchase, otherwise I will be taxed of the amount - my car will be registered as a company car.