Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

New here; first post - thought I'd say hi and share my delivery details. I've got a S75 ordered early July, VIN received and emailed Sunday (31/07) to say car in production. Delivery "late Sept/early October" according to My Tesla.............

That fits with the 3 month delivery cycle so fine by me. I won't be chasing it up or tracking it across the pond. Excited though I am, I have better things to do ;-)

Off to Tesla Heathrow this Saturday for my 360 appointment.......I'll be Periscoping it too (@oxfordteddy)

Cheers
Ed

Reactions: Jaro73
Hi All

New here; first post - thought I'd say hi and share my delivery details. I've got a S75 ordered early July, VIN received and emailed Sunday (31/07) to say car in production. Delivery "late Sept/early October" according to My Tesla.............

That fits with the 3 month delivery cycle so fine by me. I won't be chasing it up or tracking it across the pond. Excited though I am, I have better things to do ;-)

Off to Tesla Heathrow this Saturday for my 360 appointment.......I'll be Periscoping it too (@oxfordteddy)

Cheers
Ed
Alright mate. Got you followed. Same delivery frame as me but I've got a 90d and I'm in CH.

Great to find so many people in the same situation as me, waiting for EU deliveries!. I had my car confirmed on the 28th of June, but since I bought the car through a Portuguese partner of Tesla I cannot see any details unless I call them. Last update I had was the car being ready to start the long journey to EU on the 25 of July and a print screen with late August-September delivery. I will follow you guys as a way to also check the status of my car.

Delivery appointment: 18th of August, 10:00

....Happiness....
Congratulations! That's the mystery of Tesla deliveries, mine is visibly weeks later (but no date supplied) for an order placed mid may (VIN ends with 1440xx). P90D with glass roof, leather seats, air suspension and premium pack, not sure what causes the delay but I can be patient.
It is sure Tesla will have to improve drastically its manufacturing and delivery process if they want to sell 500K cars per year.

Great to find so many people in the same situation as me, waiting for EU deliveries!. I had my car confirmed on the 28th of June, but since I bought the car through a Portuguese partner of Tesla I cannot see any details unless I call them. Last update I had was the car being ready to start the long journey to EU on the 25 of July and a print screen with late August-September delivery. I will follow you guys as a way to also check the status of my car.
That would be fast! Mine was confirmed the 16th of may and at best it will be delivered early Sept in Paris.

Status update:

Ordered: May 25
Confirmed: June 6
VIN assigned: June 7
Production start: June 16
Production finished: June 30
Boat to Rotterdam left New York: July 22

The above was all as posted previously.
Previous expectation:
Expected delivery: week of August 15 (pick up at the Tilburg factory)

Latest status:
Delivery appointment: Monday August 15 afternoon at the Tilburg factory

Just a few more days to wait...

That's interesting, I found the only 2 emails I received from Tesla on the progress:

Order: May 16
Confirmation: May 17
VIN assigned: May 17
Production starts: June 16
Production finished: ?
Shipment: early July, don't remember when the status changed and got no email
Delivery expected in Paris: early September (still no email from Tesla on that)

That could indicate Tesla is producing cars for Europe in batches, as there are 3 weeks between the 2 VINs and they started the same day. The communnicated start date may then correspond to the start of the batch, not the start of the car manufacturing.
You get your car 2 weeks before me as you go directly to Tilburg, so shipment to Paris probably takes 2 weeks as they must make batch shipment to reduce cost.

There are many posts recommending to go through a check-list when getting the car as it is common to find defects, can you tell us if you find any problem? Thank you!

I took delivery of my Model S today at the Tilburg factory. That was a nice experience. You get to see through the window right into part of the assembly area, as well as part of the indoor test track. I didn't get the full factory tour; it looks like they do those only on Fridays.

I have seen some of the extended check lists that have been posted. In the end I didn't remember to bring such a list with me. What I did check:
  • Correct VIN
  • Correct license plates
  • No visible scratches/swirls on the paint (although it's probably hard to see in the indoor light conditions)
  • Correct paint color (yes, clearly Obsidian Black and not Solid Black)
We went through various settings on the screen and did some setup at the spot. So far no issues encountered.
All in all it went pretty smooth. It took about an hour in total.

Reactions: geoff79s
Quick question to all: when I read some of the forums I see that at least our US friends expect and also (most) receive all types of goodies/gifts during vehicle delivery.

Is this also your experience? Even prior to delivery?
I didn't get any goodies prior to delivery. I visited the store once for my test drive. Finalizing my order was done from home a few weeks after that and I haven't been to the store since then.

During delivery at the Tilburg factory I got the standard goodies bag with umbrella, pin, mug and pen.

On new EU re-fresh Model S has everyone been getting the new centre console plus the rear cup holders as standard?
Center console: yes, that's standard with the refresh, but still without rear cup holders (delivered this week Monday).

I took delivery of my Model S today at the Tilburg factory. That was a nice experience. You get to see through the window right into part of the assembly area, as well as part of the indoor test track. I didn't get the full factory tour; it looks like they do those only on Fridays.

I have seen some of the extended check lists that have been posted. In the end I didn't remember to bring such a list with me. What I did check:
  • Correct VIN
  • Correct license plates
  • No visible scratches/swirls on the paint (although it's probably hard to see in the indoor light conditions)
  • Correct paint color (yes, clearly Obsidian Black and not Solid Black)
We went through various settings on the screen and did some setup at the spot. So far no issues encountered.
All in all it went pretty smooth. It took about an hour in total.

Congratulations! And cool avatar, btw :). You should have more than enough power now.

Picked up my P90D yesterday. The stock interior lights lasted nearly 24 hours before I replaced them (Abstract Ocean kit). Took about 25 minutes with some heavy spuger abuse, but in the end they all popped out. The trick with the rear footwells is to remove the entire snap in bracket, then break the tabs off of one side of the existing light.

Very happy.... :)

Reactions: GSP
Picked up my P90D yesterday. The stock interior lights lasted nearly 24 hours before I replaced them (Abstract Ocean kit). Took about 25 minutes with some heavy spuger abuse, but in the end they all popped out. The trick with the rear footwells is to remove the entire snap in bracket, then break the tabs off of one side of the existing light.

Very happy.... :)
Nice. Mine should be delivered in Winti middle to end Sept. S90D. Post pics:)

Why did you change the interiors and where did you get them?

Nice. Mine should be delivered in Winti middle to end Sept. S90D. Post pics:)

Why did you change the interiors and where did you get them?

Because the replacements are much, much brighter than the stock ones. Available here: STORE - Lighting - Abstract Ocean

Also, just installed a Thinkware f750 dash cam with the back camera as well. It really takes 3 hours :(

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Mandatory pics....
IMG_2629.jpg
IMG_2631.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2643.jpg