Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So TM plan to deliver less than 500 cars in the EU between July and early september, ouch...
That's half a week of production per month allocated to Europe. They are not going to deliver the full EU backlog before the end of the year at that pace, that's for sure.

But for everyone in the netherlands who ordered before 1 april they do deliver them

EU Sig 437 finalized and sent in paperworks March 22nd.
Got Aug/Sept timeframe as well. Info from Tesla says they have given Jul/Aug timeframe to approx the first half of the Sigs, and Aug/Sept to the second half. I got the impression that this was to try to make sure that they did not overpromise and underdeliver.

So TM plan to deliver less than 500 cars in the EU between July and early september, ouch...
That's half a week of production per month allocated to Europe. They are not going to deliver the full EU backlog before the end of the year at that pace, that's for sure.

Other then having a reservation on an S to be delivered in 2013, I do not have any connections with Tesla, so I had to make up data that could make sense :)
To show you that in late first delivery does not have to be an indication of low production, I prepared an example case in MS-Project.

Example Tesla.jpg

A short "AnalysiZ" ;-) seems to indicate that with start of production in June and first Deliveries in August, mine (31xx) could still be delivered in 2013.

Info from Tesla says they have given Jul/Aug timeframe to approx the first half of the Sigs, and Aug/Sept to the second half.

That can't be true. I'm EU Sig #14 and my preMVPA shows a Jun/Jul delivery timeframe. The finalize webpage showed "late spring" as my delivery target window, when I hit the submit button. So I'm expecting my car no later than on June 21st, which is the last day of spring.

The only thing, that makes me still worry, is that Elon told the folks in Norway that their cars are going to be prioritized.

Jackie: When did you get your "finalize-email"?
Sorry for delay in replying - I got the request to finalise on the 15th March. I had already decided to go to Geneve that weekend so I finally sent in the order on the 17th March. I got the "papers sign request" on the 19th March and I completed it that day. Then the long wait until the 2nd April to have TM countersign.

agree on that one. I'm R269 and nothing yet. they told me: not before end April beginning of may......!

Most likely.

It has been said, that they ship cars to Norway direct, not via the Netherlands. Guess they will fill a boat shipment to Norway first, before other general production cars.

/me P82. Spent 4 minutes to finalize. Had they waited a week longer, I'd come to my senses and only ordered the standard car. Now, I'll get the performance version.. just hope my wife doesnt check/realize the difference in price anytime soon. I havent told her, only showed the difference in design on seats and interior. I have a feeling this desicion might come cause me some problems later on when/if she finds out :scared:.

That can't be true. I'm EU Sig #14 and my preMVPA shows a Jun/Jul delivery timeframe. The finalize webpage showed "late spring" as my delivery target window, when I hit the submit button. So I'm expecting my car no later than on June 21st, which is the last day of spring.

The only thing, that makes me still worry, is that Elon told the folks in Norway that their cars are going to be prioritized.
Elon said in Norway in march that they would start producing the EU models in June. In that case a delivery before June 21st needs to be with airfreight.