Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since January 19th I had the satus that my car was in Tilburg factory in Holland. But today, they changed the status back to "Your Tesla is being shipped from Fremont to the docks". The later one is more realistic since cars heading for Norway and Switzerland are fully assembled in USA and shipped directly (no assembly in Holland).
Same update was now done on mine. However my DS told me it should have reached docks on 26 Jan thus maybe info on the site is a bit outdated for a few days. By the way how do you know cars to Switzerland (and Norway) are not assembled in Tilburg?

Because non-EU countries (or EEC members) do not have the same regulations as EU-countries do. Cars that ship to EU are imported as "parts" then assembled in Tilburg. This way they can mark them as "Made in EU" and avoid extra fees added by the EU.

For members of EEC there is no differences between importing whole cars or parts so there is no need to assemble in EU. Much easier to just ship directly from the good old US of A.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Because non-EU countries (or EEC members) do not have the same regulations as EU-countries do. Cars that ship to EU are imported as "parts" then assembled in Tilburg. This way they can mark them as "Made in EU" and avoid extra fees added by the EU.

For members of EEC there is no differences between importing whole cars or parts so there is no need to assemble in EU. Much easier to just ship directly from the good old US of A.
Very clear, thanks much! :)

Got some update!! My Tesla is aboard Toesnberg ship which departed from Baltimore on 5 Feb and should arrive to Zeebrugge (north of Belgium) on 15 Feb. Tesla website is now correctly updated (see previous confused status in below quote) and foresees still delivery in Switzerland end of Feb - early March. My DS aims rather for end of Feb latest.

Quick wrap-up for my MS key dates so far:
Ordered: Oct 2017
Confirmed: Nov 2017
VIN: Nov 2017 but updated on early Jan 2018 (due to production year)
Production: mid Jan 2018
Embarked on boat to Europe: early Feb 2018
Delivery: planned around end of Feb 2018 (which would be not so far off from very initial estimates of mid Feb 2018)

My status changed yesterday to saying it had arrived in Tilburg for final assembly and should soon be sent my way. :)

Ordered 26/10-17
Confirmed 26/10- 17

Got some update!! My Tesla is aboard Toesnberg ship which departed from Baltimore on 5 Feb and should arrive to Zeebrugge (north of Belgium) on 15 Feb. Tesla website is now correctly updated (see previous confused status in below quote) and foresees still delivery in Switzerland end of Feb - early March. My DS aims rather for end of Feb latest.

Quick wrap-up for my MS key dates so far:
Ordered: Oct 2017
Confirmed: Nov 2017
VIN: Nov 2017 but updated on early Jan 2018 (due to production year)
Production: mid Jan 2018
Embarked on boat to Europe: early Feb 2018
Delivery: planned around end of Feb 2018 (which would be not so far off from very initial estimates of mid Feb 2018)

So my boat arrived to Zeebrugge as planned. Called my DS to check if delivery date could be narrowed down. Answer was not yet until the car is actually charged on truck. From that point on, I collected some quite interesting info:
- 800 Teslas (S and X) were transported with same boat mine was. 600 for Norway, 200 for Switzerland
- Norway has priority for charging in trucks due to number of cars at stake
- First light outdoor inspection is performed in Belgium in view of already ordering materials and pieces for repairs where needed
- It appears 20 cars are charged on truck per day (I assume that is 20 per day per destination country) - eg 10 days needed for the 200 cars for Switzerland
- For cars to Switzerland, first stop is for customs formalities in Basel, then off to Jura entry service center, then dispatch to various service centers within Switzerland, then detailing and preparation for delivery at your local Service center.

Most interesting info was to know 800 cars on that specific boat. Depending on the number of boats per month, that may give a rough idea of S and X per month to Europe.

• Informative
Reactions: Maniac and PrGrPa
Yeah my Model S is also in Belgium and waiting transport to Norway. Talked to DS and they told me that the care is about to be shipped within a weeks time, again by boat (not truck). Pickup, second week of march :)

Re boat rather than truck to Norway, makes perfect logical sense. That was just me likely misquoting the DS who surely rather said Norway is prioritized for delivery out of Belgium due to more cars at stake than for Switzerland.

Last boat before delivery for your Tesla. It has to put some miles on ground then. ☝️

Picking up mine tomorrow here in the UK. Ordered end September 2017.

Pickup was good. Did all the form signing. Went to the unveiling space. I caught a snap of it with the cover on. The DS was very helpful with the run through of the car, display, and functions. So much so that I didn’t snap any pics of the car at the time .

Drove it home. So quiet. So smooth. So big, though it didn’t feel as huge as I’d anticipated. Managed to get it in our driveway with no damage. Took it and my SO out for about 30 minutes along the motorway and back. EAP functions became available after about 25 minutes. Tried these on a regular road. Worked fine for simple conditions. Managed to get it back in the driveway again with no damage.

App connected about 3 hours after pickup.

Attachments

• 54486389-3209-49F3-942D-5FB8E641C091.jpeg
    54486389-3209-49F3-942D-5FB8E641C091.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 66
Pickup was good. Did all the form signing. Went to the unveiling space. I caught a snap of it with the cover on. The DS was very helpful with the run through of the car, display, and functions. So much so that I didn’t snap any pics of the car at the time .

Drove it home. So quiet. So smooth. So big, though it didn’t feel as huge as I’d anticipated. Managed to get it in our driveway with no damage. Took it and my SO out for about 30 minutes along the motorway and back. EAP functions became available after about 25 minutes. Tried these on a regular road. Worked fine for simple conditions. Managed to get it back in the driveway again with no damage.

App connected about 3 hours after pickup.

Congratulations on your reception of your car. Delivery of my MS should be in a few days: any useful question you have asked or wish you would have asked during that time?

Congratulations on your reception of your car. Delivery of my MS should be in a few days: any useful question you have asked or wish you would have asked during that time?

One that I should have asked was ‘what’s the easiest way to unplug from a rolec charger’. That took us a few minutes to figure out at home. ‍♂️

While we went through seat positions and profile saving I should also have gone through mirror positions. I was foxed when I got back in the car and the wing mirrors were all awry. I’d adjusted them but not saved the setting afterwards.

• Informative
Reactions: Ericfromgeneva

Eric, did you get your Tesla yet?

Mine was on the next ship, which arrived in Zeebrugge on Feb 27 and is also heading to Geneva.

I'm interested to know how long it took between when the ship arrived in Zeebrugge and when the car arrived in Geneva.

Eric, did you get your Tesla yet?

Mine was on the next ship, which arrived in Zeebrugge on Feb 27 and is also heading to Geneva.

I'm interested to know how long it took between when the ship arrived in Zeebrugge and when the car arrived in Geneva.

Very timely question dcl555. I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha

By the way I was born in Lausanne and lived in Lausanne for 25 years (still have family there).

Very timely question dcl555. I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha

By the way I was born in Lausanne and lived in Lausanne for 25 years (still have family there).
Delivery scheduled on Monday 12 March 2018. I thought this day would never happen. So much anticipation!!

Delivery scheduled on Monday 12 March 2018. I thought this day would never happen. So much anticipation!!

Congrats!

Mine appears to still be in a large parking lot at the Zeebrugge port. It's interesting to see that once the car is unloaded from the ship it doesn't go straight into a truck to be delivered to the country of destination.

I think I'm two weeks behind you, so I hope to get my S100D sometime around March 20th.