Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price just increased on S/X.
I ordered my MXP 5 seater in August 2021.
Wondering if I have to pay the price increase, because Tesla have to switch me to a 6 seater at some point. Order from Germany
No, once you have placed the order the price gets locked. The variable is the tax price changes over the year in different countries due to delay in delivery or if you change the specs later on.

Reactions: lsds
5BBB9E86-D1DA-4E4E-A12C-AB39F38E2318.jpeg

Looks like prices are shooting up here in the EU as well! Wonder If they will still honour our original booking prices when deliveries start? Is there something binding here in Europe which locks in price as per the original booking?

Attachments

• E6265FBF-9732-487F-8BE3-2E23DAA06899.jpeg
    E6265FBF-9732-487F-8BE3-2E23DAA06899.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Pour la France pas de liste de prix mais ce message ci-dessous
De cette façon, Tesla se couvre pour réajuster les nouvelles commandes.
Pour ceux qui ont commandé comme moi avant les deux augmentations la loi Français est claire le prix indiqué sur le bon de commande.

« Les prix et les options seront finalisés à l’approche des premières livraisons. Vous serez invité à finaliser votre commande une fois que le prix final et les options seront publiés. En attendant, votre commande est considérée comme une précommande qui peut être annulée et remboursée intégralement.

View attachment 783032

Looks like prices are shooting up here in the EU as well! Wonder If they will still honour our original booking prices when deliveries start? Is there something binding here in Europe which locks in price as per the original booking?
Like I said before, price increase by Tesla doesn’t change price of the car when it was ordered which you will end up paying at the end. They did the same in USA and same was told to me by SA in Denmark.. nothing to worry about it

Reactions: lsds and DrKleiner
Like I said before, price increase by Tesla doesn’t change price of the car when it was ordered which you will end up paying at the end. They did the same in USA and same was told to me by SA in Denmark.. nothing to worry about it
🤞Hope that’s true and yes, i also think they legally cannot refuse this as our orders clearly state price in Europe and that binds them to it.
That said, I guess with everything going, expect another 5-10k price increase on new orders by the time we get our deliveries(whenever that is of course 😉)

2nd half of 2022 is almost here now and no news of any cars arriving to Europe. Is anyone actually expecting their car this year?
2nd half 2022 is July - December and based on normal Tesla quarterly delivery schedules, it should be September and/or December. September is still 5-6 months away so not expecting any news in the near future.

I spoke to a Tesla rep a few weeks ago here in Finland and the word is that they will know around August if they will get cars in September. This is usually at the time when the cars are actually being shipped, not sooner.

Reactions: Stef1808
2nd half 2022 is July - December and based on normal Tesla quarterly delivery schedules, it should be September and/or December. September is still 5-6 months away so not expecting any news in the near future.

I spoke to a Tesla rep a few weeks ago here in Finland and the word is that they will know around August if they will get cars in September. This is usually at the time when the cars are actually being shipped, not sooner.
Is your SA saying that there is still hope it will be this year? I was expecting Reps to be more negative as most are dismissing 2022 altogether for EU deliveries given the uncertainty even in the US with trim, 7 seating, new orders prioritised over old etc.

Is your SA saying that there is still hope it will be this year? I was expecting Reps to be more negative as most are dismissing 2022 altogether for EU deliveries given the uncertainty even in the US with trim, 7 seating, new orders prioritised over old etc.
They don't know - not sure if anyone knows at this point.
I do hope Tesla has a plan to bring S/X to Europe sooner than later. However, when following TMC there still seems to be significant delay queues even to US so I have my own doubts about 2022.

Reactions: lsds