Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally finalized my Model SP.

Reservation #233
Red Paint, 19' Wheels, Light Brown Leather, Carbon Decor, Spoiler, Tech Package, Sound, Parking Sensors, Light Package, Winter Package, Panoramic Roof, Double Chargers Supercharger Hardware (obviously)

I did not get the
- child seats (my kids are 11 and 13 years old an too big)
- performance plus (I dont like 21' wheels and don't race; I love to drive calmly, which doesn't neccessarily mean slow)
- parcel shelf (never used it in my other cars)

After delivery (window is SEP-OCT) I plan to
- get floor mats
- wrap the car
- find some storage

Now the wait goes to a different stage - with all the money committed.

I just wanted to let some steam out while waiting impatiently. Actually I trust TM anyway. It's good to know that it will come soon, though.

Austria and Belgium are the two countries where Tesla is lagging behind in sending out the Time to Build-mails, because they first have to set up legal entities there and the bureaucratic red tape is slowing things down. Tesla has told Belgian customers that this should not affect the delivery sequence: late in finalizing will not mean late in delivery.

Austria and Belgium are the two countries where Tesla is lagging behind in sending out the Time to Build-mails, because they first have to set up legal entities there and the bureaucratic red tape is slowing things down. Tesla has told Belgian customers that this should not affect the delivery sequence: late in finalizing will not mean late in delivery.

...in which case it is a huge advantage. Getting to the finalization stage right now, I realize that Tesla still lack answers to many questions about EU deliveries and options (especially related to charging, but also related to DAB+ radio, streaming service, mobile data connection, tires, etc. Guessing that one month from now, those answers will be in place (since the first cars should go into production early June).

...in which case it is a huge advantage. Getting to the finalization stage right now, I realize that Tesla still lack answers to many questions about EU deliveries and options (especially related to charging, but also related to DAB+ radio, streaming service, mobile data connection, tires, etc. Guessing that one month from now, those answers will be in place (since the first cars should go into production early June).

For me none of those question marks would make the difference between finalizing or not. They are not fundamental 'life or death'-issues that make the difference between choosing a Model S or, say, an Audi A6. But then, I have already finalized :wink:

And I do think Tesla will eventually come up with good answers to most if not all of those questions.

Its not about finalize or not - its about what to finalize with.
Someone might want the Sound studio if it has DAB+, but might skip it if it don't.
Some might want to skip the cold weather package if it doesnt provide "something" of good value.
Someone might want to prepare their garage for charging before going on holiday and might need to get an electrician before going.
The list goes on.

For me; i want air suspension. I only really need the windshield vent from the CWP, so paying 8500kr for a plastic piece, when it could have been 9500kr for air suspension is to me stupid when buying both breaks my budget.
I already broke it by getting 85kWh and pano roof - don't want to break it even further.

Its not about finalize or not - its about what to finalize with.
Someone might want the Sound studio if it has DAB+, but might skip it if it don't.
Some might want to skip the cold weather package if it doesnt provide "something" of good value.
Someone might want to prepare their garage for charging before going on holiday and might need to get an electrician before going.
The list goes on.

For me; i want air suspension. I only really need the windshield vent from the CWP, so paying 8500kr for a plastic piece, when it could have been 9500kr for air suspension is to me stupid when buying both breaks my budget.
I already broke it by getting 85kWh and pano roof - don't want to break it even further.

At least the German page says DAB Radio in the Sound Studio package.

Well the difference between DAB and DAB+ is wich codec is beeing used, 99% it will support DAB+ as there is no curent radio chips that only support DAB. The biggest problem is that several countrys are planing on turning off FM in 2017
And when you compare the US with the EU

US. EU
Teristial
AM (US=default EU=no longer in use)
FM (US=default EU=until 2017)
Digital (US=default EU=Sound package)
Satelite
Sirus (US=Sound package EU=N/A)
Internet (conetivity package)
Slacker (US=subskription EU=N/A)
TuneIn (US=free EU=free)

The anoing ting is the radio chip that support DAB+ also support the US version "HD Radio"

How come there is Seq. NR 4 for signature twice?

Well, I'm one :) Can't account for the other one.
FlSfMjp.png

Looks like we have a third Sig #4 now. While the German one is gone, it was replaced by one from Belgium. And now recently a Swiss Sig #4 was added to the list. As Yagi has confirmed his #4 it would be great to know, what happened with the other two. Is either of them here on the forum?