Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we have a third Sig #4 now. While the German one is gone, it was replaced by one from Belgium. And now recently a Swiss Sig #4 was added to the list. As Yagi has confirmed his #4 it would be great to know, what happened with the other two. Is either of them here on the forum?
The Swiss one can't possibly be a sig. As far as I know, The color blue is not an option for signatures. ..

Hi there, I have the #4 Signature in Switzerland, no clue why there is blue color, I have ordered Signature Red and have corrected it.
Screen Shot Sig #4 CH.jpg

Hello Eumox
we have finalized our Model S on the same day have the same delivery window with the similar configuration.
Will see if they deliver also at the same time than.
I thought they will push us a bit in front since we were waiting so long already compared to
others with higher numbers

All those years. Sometimes going through all the jpgs on the hard drive, showing the first prototype, the "spy photos" of the factory test drives, the youtube videos of Elon's first ride in the silver protoype at the SpaceX facility. Years later all the US getamped customers.. Oh, sweet memories. Back then, when they asked if the Model S is anything more than vaporware - before the NUMMI plant even had its white floors. Checking out this forum at least twice a day. Day after day, week after week. When you thought "I KNOW it's coming. I mean - look at the man" But then - the hole in the soul during all the rides with the ICE car. Waiting. Sometimes angry, sometimes hopeful, sometimes resignating hearing the noise of the engine.
I wonder after all those years. Will we even be able to adapt to a world where the Model S actually IS parked in front of the house?

Last edited:
Keep the faith. I am six months post delivery. It is still surreal each time I walk up to the car and the handles pop out. I expect Europe to start slow with adoption of EVs but forge ahead of the USA in two years after anxiety of the startup company have decreased.

[...] But then - the hole in the soul during all the rides with the ICE car. Waiting. Sometimes angry, sometimes hopeful, sometimes resignating hearing the noise of the engine. I wonder after all those years. Will we even be able to adapt to a world where the Model S actually IS parked in front of the house?

I know how you feel, I had/have the same experiences.

After Tesla informed us officially at the Q3 conference call, that they would not be able/willing to keep the "late 2012" target for European deliveries, I decided to buy a smart ED as interim solution until I would get my Model S. Because Elon told us in the same conf call, that it could be delivered sooner than the "March/April timeframe", I only planed to to use the Smart ED for my comute to/from work and back during four months. Now I've been driving this smallest of EVs for almost 6 Months and I logged about 18'000km on it.

Although I'm quite happy with the Smart ED and my electric driving experience, every month, every week and every day, I have to wait longer for my Model S is quiet painful and I really hope it all will be over soon.

If Tesla could at least show us a picture of a fully equipped European Model S or tell us, when manufacturing will finally begin and which VINs we'll get, that would give me a bit more comfort in finally knowing that they are making some kind of progress in manufacturing our cars.

But since they even haven't announced more details about the European 3-Phase charging options and connectors, I'm still afraid, that they are still in the process of figuring these things out, and that they are nowhere near readiness for production.

Now, that Elon Musk told the "Handelsblatt", that first delivery in Europe will start in August, while the delivery windows in my preMVPA says "Jun-Jul" and the Website said "late spring", when I was finalizing, I'm a bit shocked, as my summer vacation plans (a road trip with the Model S) is at stake.

But since they even haven't announced more details about the European 3-Phase charging options and connectors, I'm still afraid, that they are still in the process of figuring these things out, and that they are nowhere near readiness for production.

It is quite clear that the first European deliveries will be produced in June. In the Q1 earnings call less than two weeks ago they told investors that Q2 earnings would suffer because 500 cars would be in transit to Europe at the end of the quarter (and therefore not "sold" yet in accounting terms.

It is quite clear that the first European deliveries will be produced in June. In the Q1 earnings call less than two weeks ago they told investors that Q2 earnings would suffer because 500 cars would be in transit to Europe at the end of the quarter (and therefore not "sold" yet in accounting terms.

I remember reading that somebody spotted EU-car already being produced in Fremont - that is : with European Options-only like the Winter-pack.

I remember this too.
Unfortunatively none of the options ca be "seen" except the parking sensors - and that was not the part *he saw.

*he never answered any more on why it was european.

On the other hand, topic, i got finalize button about a month ago. Finalized yesterday.
S85, pano, air, tech, Sound, park assist, lights package, parcel, 19", white.
Now I am dreaming of selling my old car asap and get te Model S!
Such. An. Awesome. Car!

I remember this too.
Unfortunatively none of the options ca be "seen" except the parking sensors - and that was not the part *he saw.

*he never answered any more on why it was european.

On the other hand, topic, i got finalize button about a month ago. Finalized yesterday.
S85, pano, air, tech, Sound, park assist, lights package, parcel, 19", white.
Now I am dreaming of selling my old car asap and get te Model S!
Such. An. Awesome. Car!

Cool. One month between button and push.

I couldn't wait one minute. (but now waiting one week for paperwork to be signed)

85-Perf, tech pack, security pack, park assist, parcel, 19", grey, black/carbon.

I'm a bit shocked, as my summer vacation plans (a road trip with the Model S) is at stake.
Same here, I already canceled a trip that was planned for July, still sticking to plans for September for the time being...

Although I'm not that shocked. For one, I expected something like this, particularly after the "launch" in America that consisted of ten cars in July and then nothing in August and September.

Second, I can clearly see that we will get a better car. The delays aren't out of nothing. Just read the threads about cracked windshields, creaking pano roofs, unreliable door handles... Of course, things like that were expected, too, and I'm glad that so far there are no serious (call-back worthy) issues, but it makes me comfortable with waiting a few more months if that means that I'm far more likely to get a trouble-free car.

(Time between availability of button and pushing the button: A few hours. I'm very eager to get that car asap.)

There will be always 500 in transit from now on and the Handelsblatt only repeat that TM will start selling in Germany in July
which meens that Norwegan cars can be delivered earlier in June ( I personally do not believe it according to experience with TM)
Nevertheless I finished my ordering process now 5 days ago and they said that all finalize till June 12 have a deliverywindow of Oct-Nov 2013