Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know when the next batch of MS's is coming to Europe? It says my vehicle should be here in May... but that seems a bit late, given that in the US and Canada it's showing a 2-5 week delivery time.

Conctratulations on ordering a Model S :)

You cannot compare the US and Europe. There has been many boats to Europe the last weeks and they are probably prioritizing the home marked (US) for a while before switching to Europe again. The cars are not identical so they produce them in batches.

They also produce in batches when producing for a single marked, so people with one color combination can receive their car before other combos even though they ordered later.

Conctratulations on ordering a Model S :)

You cannot compare the US and Europe. There has been many boats to Europe the last weeks and they are probably prioritizing the home marked (US) for a while before switching to Europe again. The cars are not identical so they produce them in batches.

They also produce in batches when producing for a single marked, so people with one color combination can receive their car before other combos even though they ordered later.

Thanks - these few weeks sure will be a tough wait. Super excited, this is by far the nicest car I've ever owned (and the first I've owned in Europe). So I hope that my car is amongst the first shipped to Europe. Probably will be as they aren't even showing the LR+ on the EU websites. :)

Anybody know when the next batch of MS's is coming to Europe? It says my vehicle should be here in May... but that seems a bit late, given that in the US and Canada it's showing a 2-5 week delivery time.

I ordered my Model S on Jan 26 and the Tesla advisor told me yesterday that my chasis has arrived on 7th Mar and battery on 9th march in Tilburg and the car is expected to arrive to the dealership on 25th March **.

**The delay in delivery is mostly on my part as I had informed the Tesla advisor that I want to take the delivery only in May.

I ordered my Model S on Jan 26 and the Tesla advisor told me yesterday that my chasis has arrived on 7th Mar and battery on 9th march in Tilburg and the car is expected to arrive to the dealership on 25th March **.

**The delay in delivery is mostly on my part as I had informed the Tesla advisor that I want to take the delivery only in May.

What delay? If anything it seems early because you told the adviser you want the car in May, but it'll be ready late March.

What delay? If anything it seems early because you told the adviser you want the car in May, but it'll be ready late March.

At tesla they work with quarterly delivery targets. Initially when I had asked for may delivery, they had put my order on low prio. In feb last week, when I told the tesla advisor I am ready to take it early, he enabled the inventory match feature in the system. But there was no inventory available that was matching.

Since model s and X come to Europe as knocked down units , the chassis and battery would have normally arrived in march but they wouldn't have assembled it in Tilburg factory until May. Also the advisor told me, at the moment the the model 3's are in high demand so model S delivery can be quick.

At tesla they work with quarterly delivery targets. Initially when I had asked for may delivery, they had put my order on low prio. In feb last week, when I told the tesla advisor I am ready to take it early, he enabled the inventory match feature in the system. But there was no inventory available that was matching.

Since model s and X come to Europe as knocked down units , the chassis and battery would have normally arrived in march but they wouldn't have assembled it in Tilburg factory until May. Also the advisor told me, at the moment the the model 3's are in high demand so model S delivery can be quick.

Oh!!! Now I understand! And I'm becoming excited because there's an exact configuration match right now in Amsterdam (and I'm supposed to take delivery in Tilburg). I'll have to give them a call.

Any experience with the Tesla service center in Graz? After hearing the horror stories about crappy customer service in the US, I can't help but wonder if I'll have to deal with that. Apparently it's different in Canada... hopefully the same applies to Europe.

The situation is little better in europe ... however the body work and the paint job from tesla is not flawless like german manufacturers.... i took the delivery of my model s two weeks back ... first thing i noticed was some minor paint issues which later on were identified as glue, which came off when the service guy used a foam cleaner.The car was not in the most clean state as it had dust all over it ... i suspect that they hardly did any delivery prep this time, after my earlier delivery date in march had to be cancelled because the leasing could not deliver the neccesary document on time. I have some minor panel gap around the headlight and the rear trunk for which i have an appointment next week . Other than that the car is just amazing ....

Ordered new S with arrival in Switzerland, still on Q1, 2022.
Anybody else in Europe receiving more precise dates?
I'm in Switzerland too. I ordered a Plaid on the 29th of March 2021 with a delay announced for November. Still no communication received from Tesla but I'm not very confident regarding the "Tesla timing". My problem is to know when I will have to sell my actual 100D as Tesla could change the delay more than one time ! 🤔