Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked mine after full PPF application.
Nice tiny touches I really like compared to old Model S, i.e. slightly different, wider rear (lack of TESLA name on this black bar on the rear trunk, I really didn't like it, as it was T logo over TESLA word).

Also, I have narrow bezels on the rear screen and ... lack of either PLAID word or PLAID badge during delivery - they said they will send it to me via DHL later this month ;D
Cool where is this?

Just received an SMS to chose my date of delivery in Switzerland. Earliest appointment was December 29 in the morning.
Selected and got a confirmation email.
I suppose, there will not be any earlier deliveries in Switzerland...
Did you get the import document for your car to automatically submit the insurance for the plate registration?
I am still waiting for it and apparently my insurance is too lazy to send me a quote via email, with now less than a week to the delivery :)

It is now wrapped. I love it !

Attachments

• 291619B1-C48E-4031-ABC3-1401C2A26696.jpeg
    291619B1-C48E-4031-ABC3-1401C2A26696.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • A28E668C-59B7-4F30-B96F-F97CA4D5A38D.jpeg
    A28E668C-59B7-4F30-B96F-F97CA4D5A38D.jpeg
    947.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 07DC2E3A-6C5C-427F-A50E-B5E7A0EE009D.jpeg
    07DC2E3A-6C5C-427F-A50E-B5E7A0EE009D.jpeg
    761.8 KB · Views: 83
Did you get the import document for your car to automatically submit the insurance for the plate registration?
I am still waiting for it and apparently my insurance is too lazy to send me a quote via email, with now less than a week to the delivery :)
No Import documents, because the manufacturer does the importing. (For us it is basically not an import purchase.)

I got in touch with my insurance a month ago and got the quote via email. I only had to tell Tesla who my insurer is, and everything else they did themself. They only instructed me to cancel my current plate so that I can take it with me tomorrow to delivery. They did everything from getting the "Versicherungsnachweis" to getting the car "eingelöst".

Hope your experience will be seemless too!

Reactions: zoomer0056
No Import documents, because the manufacturer does the importing. (For us it is basically not an import purchase.)

I got in touch with my insurance a month ago and got the quote via email. I only had to tell Tesla who my insurer is, and everything else they did themself. They only instructed me to cancel my current plate so that I can take it with me tomorrow to delivery. They did everything from getting the "Versicherungsnachweis" to getting the car "eingelöst".

Hope your experience will be seemless too!
Interesting, thanks!
I did share with Tesla my insurer as well, the "funny" bit is that when I try to get a quote, I either have to provide the import number or get it via email, which I never got...

Intéressant, merci !
J'ai également partagé avec Tesla mon assureur, le plus "drôle" est que lorsque j'essaie d'obtenir un devis, je dois soit fournir le numéro d'importation, soit le recevoir par e-mail, ce que je n'ai jamais reçu...
J'ai reçu aujourd'hui la désignation suisse Model S Plaid/ Typengenehmigung : 1TD8 53
Vous pouvez le transmettre à votre assurance pour avoir une offre.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DrKleiner
I have received today the swiss Model S designation/ Typengenehmigung : 1TD8 53
You can transmit it to your insurance to have an offer.
Congratulations all.
I asked to move my delivery to March but not sure if I will swap my Audi etron GT. Afraid will be frustrated with the imperfections and the continuous stupidity of taking something away without having alternative in place. First with the rain sensors, not working for months, now with the ultrasonic sensors. They have millions of km‘s data so why not wait until the algorithms are mature before removing the sensors?
Have the feeling Tesla drivers are a bit like Windows users in the beginning, we just accepted the blue screens and crashes. We accept the poor quality, the continuous removing from features, FOBs etc and continue to fool ourselves saying the OTA updates are so great and we cannot do without the Supercharger network…..

I want to share my story about our Model S (Plaid) order. I am frustrated.

Ordered a Model S LR in Sep 2021.
Original EDD was early 2022, then mid 2022, late 2022 and then got removed completely.

2 weeks ago I was at a Tesla center and asked if there was any news about my Model S LR order. He said that they still could not give me an estimate when the first larger batches of LR cars would be shipped to Europe and it will most likely be around Feb / Mar 2023.

He then said that there were a few Plaid models immediately available. I looked thorugh the hidden inventory with him and found one that i liked the configuration of. He said he could transfer it to my account and I would still get it this year (if I pay really quickly) but! I could not pick the location where I pick it up as it is already in transit.

The delivery center it was assigned to is roughly 600km away but for me it was worth it. So we agreed that I would pay within 2 days, register the car asap and would pick it up at the other end of the country to get the car this year.

So i got the papers, registered the vehicle and had a delivery appointment scheduled for Dec 29.

I called the Tesla hotline multiple times throughout the next week and everytime they told me that everything looks good, it might even be ready for pickup one or two days earlier.

Dec 28 and still no word from Tesla. Is the appointment confirmed? Has my car arrived? I had no clue. So I called them once again. First bad news: The car is not there yet. Delivery will not happen on Dec 29.

Next: The car is not even trackable. No one knows where it is.

Apparently the last shown location is the port of Baltimore. Well. The car has a 495XXX VIN and was built in October so it was most likely already on the first ship. Now the Tesla employees tell me they can't see where the car is and it looks like it's still in sea transport.

AFAIK there are currently no S/X ships on the way from Balitmore to Zeebrügge. So where is my car? No one knows. Has it been sitting in Baltimore for weeks with a dead battery and wasn't even loaded onto a ship? Possibly. No one can tell me though.

The next thing is that another employee checked the car and it hasn't even been assigned to any location yet. They shouldn't have been able to sell me this car. Neither was it ever in transit to the delivery center.

Now the delivery appointment has vanished from the app and also the VIN got removed from my account and is not visible in the app anymore.

I will not get my car this year.
I will not get 10,000km free SuC.
I have registered the car as quick as I could so there's loss of value as it is now a 2022 registration
I am paying insurance for a vehicle I do not have
I purchased winter tires for a vehicle that is not findable anywhere
I planned my trip for today and won't be going anyhwere as there is no car to pick up.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I am not hyped for the car anymore. I've waited so long and was more hyped than for any other car delivery ever. I am frustrated.

Reactions: aerodyne
I want to share my story about our Model S (Plaid) order. I am frustrated.

Ordered a Model S LR in Sep 2021.
Original EDD was early 2022, then mid 2022, late 2022 and then got removed completely.

2 weeks ago I was at a Tesla center and asked if there was any news about my Model S LR order. He said that they still could not give me an estimate when the first larger batches of LR cars would be shipped to Europe and it will most likely be around Feb / Mar 2023.

He then said that there were a few Plaid models immediately available. I looked thorugh the hidden inventory with him and found one that i liked the configuration of. He said he could transfer it to my account and I would still get it this year (if I pay really quickly) but! I could not pick the location where I pick it up as it is already in transit.

The delivery center it was assigned to is roughly 600km away but for me it was worth it. So we agreed that I would pay within 2 days, register the car asap and would pick it up at the other end of the country to get the car this year.

So i got the papers, registered the vehicle and had a delivery appointment scheduled for Dec 29.

I called the Tesla hotline multiple times throughout the next week and everytime they told me that everything looks good, it might even be ready for pickup one or two days earlier.

Dec 28 and still no word from Tesla. Is the appointment confirmed? Has my car arrived? I had no clue. So I called them once again. First bad news: The car is not there yet. Delivery will not happen on Dec 29.

Next: The car is not even trackable. No one knows where it is.

Apparently the last shown location is the port of Baltimore. Well. The car has a 495XXX VIN and was built in October so it was most likely already on the first ship. Now the Tesla employees tell me they can't see where the car is and it looks like it's still in sea transport.

AFAIK there are currently no S/X ships on the way from Balitmore to Zeebrügge. So where is my car? No one knows. Has it been sitting in Baltimore for weeks with a dead battery and wasn't even loaded onto a ship? Possibly. No one can tell me though.

The next thing is that another employee checked the car and it hasn't even been assigned to any location yet. They shouldn't have been able to sell me this car. Neither was it ever in transit to the delivery center.

Now the delivery appointment has vanished from the app and also the VIN got removed from my account and is not visible in the app anymore.

I will not get my car this year.
I will not get 10,000km free SuC.
I have registered the car as quick as I could so there's loss of value as it is now a 2022 registration
I am paying insurance for a vehicle I do not have
I purchased winter tires for a vehicle that is not findable anywhere
I planned my trip for today and won't be going anyhwere as there is no car to pick up.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I am not hyped for the car anymore. I've waited so long and was more hyped than for any other car delivery ever. I am frustrated.
I am so sorry to hear the trouble you are facing. I could just say you to try to relax because no matter what we do, it won’t magically create the car. Just call there customer care or visit their showroom to see if they can give you any more information.
If it still doesn’t help, don’t loose the hope. Call the lawyer and sue the damn *sugar* if that’s the way to do stuff in the country your belong to.

About 10000km is not going anywhere, you can claim it even if you get the car in next year because it wasn’t your mistake but rather their. It’s just a change in backend configuration they have to do which your customer service agent handling your car case can do. ( don’t ask me how do I know about it but that’s how it work )

I am so sorry to hear the trouble you are facing. I could just say you to try to relax because no matter what we do, it won’t magically create the car. Just call there customer care or visit their showroom to see if they can give you any more information.
If it still doesn’t help, don’t loose the hope. Call the lawyer and sue the damn *sugar* if that’s the way to do stuff in the country your belong to.

About 10000km is not going anywhere, you can claim it even if you get the car in next year because it wasn’t your mistake but rather their. It’s just a change in backend configuration they have to do which your customer service agent handling your car case can do. ( don’t ask me how do I know about it but that’s how it work )
Thanks for the heads up... I've tried calling them again today. Nothing new. They almost seemed annoyed that I called.

They're telling me my car is on an ocean vessel in transit from the US to Europe and that's why it can not be tracked...

I guess waiting is the only thing left for me...