Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats ... still RN Number here, but I have a high Sig. Res. Number. May I ask what config you have chosen?

Midnight grey/onyx black alcantera with beige seats 7seat, towing and all remaining options in

Congrats!! Do you have more details on timing/delivery/transport?

No more details on timing but with multiple MS experience an end of June delivery is now not out of the question........

Reactions: FrankNL
Got mine too: 5YJXCCE48GFS00977. Without having read the full thread, do I understand correctly that you experts expect the first MX's in two months from now?

Oh I don't know if there are any experts around when it comes to Tesla timing...... :)

However, I base my HOPES on two pieces of information.

1/ Mr. Rudat said at the EU revel in Geneva that the first deliveries should happen around end june beginning of July and that has apparently not changed according to one of the service managers....

and 2/ that my previous two MSs were delivered two about 2 to 2.5 months after the VIN appeared in the dashboard

so expert I would not say but there is at least a shimmer of hope.... :)

However, it is funny that I received my VIN before you but it is a higher number than yours and than some other EU VINs I have seen.... and I was reservation number #4 for Europe......?! I am confused to what this might mean in reality...... Could possibly just be configuration differences and therefore production line placement.........

Hi Felix,

Thanks, I agree with your expert calculation, but that might just be wishful thinking ;-)

I do not know how long my VIN has been issued by the way, as I do not visit MyTesla regularly at all. I do know that mine was one of the first Sig's in Europe but which specific? Don't have a clue.

From what I remembered of the MS deliveries in 2013 Tesla does not exactly manufacture according to the sequence in which the cars are ordered. For example, one of the first changed his Sig Perf MS to Sig Perf + and had to wait for months extra because of it. At that time, it seemed that cars were manufactured in batches of similar build. But, at that time, Tesla's production was not to be compared to nowadays.

I had for the Model S reservation sequence #4 and had a VIN 14972, significantly higher than yours of the Model S, Felix. And, btw, Wiebe, I had a Perf + and was among the first deliveries, so no extra wait. But I was surprised that at the same delivery day there was one with sequence +-#400 ... that was the reason I made my X Sig. reservation rather late ... still have the RN Number, looks like they get it this time more right :)

I had for the Model S reservation sequence #4 and had a VIN 14972, significantly higher than yours of the Model S, Felix. And, btw, Wiebe, I had a Perf + and was among the first deliveries, so no extra wait. But I was surprised that at the same delivery day there was one with sequence +-#400 ... that was the reason I made my X Sig. reservation rather late ... still have the RN Number, looks like they get it this time more right :)

I am convinced that Tesla has it's production and delivery cues much better organised than roughly 3 years ago. Just a tour in the Tilburg factory shows that to the fullest, nothing compared to 2013. That was European pioneer stage - to put it mildly. But, it seems that the MX is moving sooner than we expected!

I do not want to dash your hopes on an end of June delivery, but I spoke to my DS in Paris on Friday and he told me that the first MX EU delivery is 'scheduled at the end of the summer' (i.e end of August/beginning of September?). On a brighter note, he excluded delivery of any MX to the EU in Q2..which leaves the possibility of an early delivery in July for Sig and P90L reservation holders. It seems to be supported by facts: very few MX have been yet confirmed in Europe due to the limited possibility of actually seeing one; delivering as many orders to the US market in Q2 on the other hand, seems to be Tesla's priority, as it is under pressure to meet its quarterly delivery target after the Q1 miss. If all goes very well, Tesla might be able to deliver 6000 MX to the US market before the end of June, which seems in line with both (1) the current low MX order conversion rate (20%?) BUT (2) the likely acceleration of US orders following wider access to Model X in US showrooms as well as the recent opening of the design studio in the US to non-reservation holders. Given the fact that MX is a beautiful high-risk venture, it makes financial sense to lower the likelihood of a recall in Tesla's largest foreign market.

Reactions: hobbes
Hi Novalis, you've just dashed my hopes ;-)

I must be honest, my "prognosis" is merely based on the fact that we got a VIN plus the reference with the MS delivery in 2013. Your arguments seem more sound. Thanks for sharing it.

So it is fair to conclude that the Tesla DS's give different estimates. At least mine has not responded to the question about estimated delivery yet, even though I asked days ago. Plus I promised I wouldn't keep him up on that estimate.

Funny thing is that I went to see the MX a month or so ago in Tilburg NL. I spoke to several Tesla people, of course about ordering and delivery. No concrete answer at all, and certainly ordering was not in sight according to them. 1,5 week later I could order, all of a sudden. My hunch is that de EU Tesla people are surprised by the sudden speed from the US.

Too bad though no clear and consistent answer about delivery is possible. Tesla hasn't learned much from MS delivery. OR... it is a marketing approach and nobody is to know!

Hi Novalis, you've just dashed my hopes ;-)

I must be honest, my "prognosis" is merely based on the fact that we got a VIN plus the reference with the MS delivery in 2013. Your arguments seem more sound. Thanks for sharing it.

Hi Wiebe,

I have a bit more news from Tesla: they confirmed -at this stage- that the first MX to reach Continental Europe will be the Sig and P90D probably in July, followed by the 90D later in the summer. In my discussion, it became clear that they are aiming at delivering 'quality' MX in Europe, i.e vehicles that should not be affected by defects or issues that plagued too many of the early US units. It reinforced my view that, whatever the ramp up in the US, Tesla is unlikely to accelerate deliveries to Europe and even to start European production lines before the last possible moment, giving themselves another month or so of exclusive domestic output that should end up being closely monitored.

Please let us know when you get yours! Good luck!

Reactions: Wiebe
No mail... YET there now appears a 17 characters under the picture of my signature reservation (how many times did I look at that one!), ending with 001110...
Things are moving. Will call the Belgian contact on Monday to have more info if possible...