Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's all very good news, it actually seems to be happening at the end of June, beginning of July. Great that you guys share all this news as I haven't heard anything yet from the Dutch DS's. They're probably too busy taking M3 orders.

*starts counting down...*

Got my VIN as well (finally!). Signature P90L - VIN S01244.

Congrats! I wonder what your DS estimates as delivery window? Finally got a call from my Dutch DS. He couldn't tell me what to expect. When I mentioned that their international collegues DID have an estimate (being end June/begin July) he said that he anticipated that this estimate was right.

He told me that European Sigs are ready to be produced any time now. As soon as they leave on train to the west coast and arrive to be shipped there for crossing the Atlantic the DS gets a call. So do I he promised.

So, I guess we'll have a hot summer with the X if nothing goes wrong!

P.S: anybody knew that the cars are being SHIPPED from Rotterdam to Tilburg? The containers are unloaded from a boat approx 500 meters from the assembly factory in Tilburg. Never knew that!

My sig vin was assigned last sat April 23rd, 11xx.
I will wait for more information coming from my DS since I expect him to contact me as soon as he knows when my X will be delivered. (I don't like guesses since it can be frustrating if they are wrong)

So now the first EU cars are being finalised and then how does it work? They must regularly ship a lot of Model S to Europe and they fill up the ship with Model Xs as well? How many cars per ship and how are they then distributed around EU? Maybe irrelevant questions but I am curious of why they say end June if the car should be done in a week or so and what is reasonable delivery numbers to the EU per week or month. Anybody has answers or well informed guesses?

well firstly the use scheduled ships. and secondly to meet these ships they back track schedule transportation from carlifornia to the east coast.... I believe Baltimore. Then when the reach Europe they have to be shipped to Tillberg and the. finally to their final destinations..... so the cars actually have to be done about now to be at all able to be delivered in Europe by the end of June.

hope this help

So now the first EU cars are being finalised and then how does it work? They must regularly ship a lot of Model S to Europe and they fill up the ship with Model Xs as well? How many cars per ship and how are they then distributed around EU? Maybe irrelevant questions but I am curious of why they say end June if the car should be done in a week or so and what is reasonable delivery numbers to the EU per week or month. Anybody has answers or well informed guesses?

was called by my DS earlier today. He told me that my car had left the production line two days ago and was now being readied for shipment to Europe. So he was still hoping for an end june delivery........ I suspect with many grains of salt.... :) But I finally got a call..... so that was good news in itself in my book! :) In my dashboard, however, it still says in the production queue........ :(

Reactions: hobbes
I confirmed my order on 2016-03-17 (and nice first post MarcelNie)

wow, that's interesting. My production X90D was configured on 2016-03-04 (right after I noticed that the configurator has been opened, before I even got an invitation email),
and I got the confirmation mail from my assigned DS on 2016-03-23. Still no VIN :(