Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 262 today and 1612 for the month. Should be record day, month and quarter. Going into Dec' Europe count was 4200, Norway alone puts that over 7200. Only 1800 for the rest of Europe to hit 9000, so 10,000 for Europe seems very possible.

And topped by 269 today!!! Only 131 to go to also beat Q3´s record of 2004 deliveries! That´s like half a day :).

And on a side note - Tesla is the most popular car brand by sales in Norway this month (not only EVs) with Model X and S in fist and second places:
Tesla breaks new records in Norway, becomes most popular automaker in the country this month

• Funny
Reactions: MissAutobahn
I wonder if Tesla is prioritizing European and other international deliveries due to the expiration of the tax credit. The slow Model 3 ramp up means more credits get sucked up by S/X, but that can be massaged by pushing units to international markets.

Not really .
Tesla always prioritise exports in 1st 2 months of quarter to allow for transport overseas.
Tax issues in Norway would not really affect shipments as they would be 2 months before tax issues arose.
Do not forget that cars are made to order in 99% of cases so that is true demand.
Would be interested to know when next shipment of 700 cars is due to hit Drammen as record daily delivery of 287 might be broken again see teslastats.no for up to the minute literally reporting. 26 registered today 2442 for month
Unlike UK which cannot even issue 3 months on.
Tesla are still 40.000 from tax credit changes in USA so if they needed to adjust they would simply prioritise Canada shipments to hit 200,000 US on April 1

Reactions: transpondster
Early numbers for Europe are really good. Norway has been discussed many times over, but the Netherlands posted strong numbers as well (599 total, up from 381 last year). Belgium 130 (down from 132 last year) and Austria 63 (up from 51). All in all, we will hit over 5000 this quarter in European deliveries!

Early numbers for Europe are really good. Norway has been discussed many times over, but the Netherlands posted strong numbers as well (599 total, up from 381 last year). Belgium 130 (down from 132 last year) and Austria 63 (up from 51). All in all, we will hit over 5000 this quarter in European deliveries!

Typo? I thought we were on track for 9000-10000 deliveries in Europe this quarter?

Do any of the folks tracking delivery trends in Europe have thoughts on whether the Q4 numbers are a one-off or indicative of a long term growth trend for Tesla?

EU S/X numbers for Q4 look like they will not be all that far behind US and growing much faster. Very interesting and I think unexpected development.

Do any of the folks tracking delivery trends in Europe have thoughts on whether the Q4 numbers are a one-off or indicative of a long term growth trend for Tesla?

It's certainly not a one off. 2017 was a very strong year for Tesla in Europe. Growth was consistent over multiple countries and multiple quarters. And earlier I meant 5000 per month, not quarter. My bad! :)

I think for the general carbuyer to go for a BEV the price has to come down, in Sweden the BEV prices are ~2x or more compared to an ICE:
Nissan.jpg

vw.jpg