Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun fact: just seconds ago I got a text message from Tesla stating that

"an upgrade of FSD features has been added to my Model 3 free of charge".

So there must indeed have been a difference.
Then again, as it appears to have only been a difference in software, adding it now will not have actually cost Tesla any real money in my case.
Otoh, I am quite glad to have gotten more than I ordered for "free" ;)

Note sure how they are going to square their new online sales model with EU regulation. Besides a few enumerated exceptions (car are not excepted), EU consumers have an unconditional right of withdrawal 14 days after delivery of the good. full text of the directive. More specificially article 9, clause 1 reads

There may be some wiggle room if they can show that the product is tailored to the customer, with that's usually meant for things where you have your named branded in etc... ("clearly personalised" or "to the customer's specification") A car that's sold out of inventory doesn't count.

That suggest they'll have to give at least 14 days of right of withdrawal in the EU, not the 7 from their current policy.

The detail will come as this. Was the car they were paid-up with made prior to the customer confirming their order. If so, then it is an inventory car being matched to a customer, rather than built specifically for them. Customers can match up their confirmation date to the date that the car was produced.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
There may be some wiggle room if they can show that the product is tailored to the customer, with that's usually meant for things where you have your named branded in etc... ("clearly personalised" or "to the customer's specification") A car that's sold out of inventory doesn't count.

That suggest they'll have to give at least 14 days of right of withdrawal in the EU, not the 7 from their current policy.
And that is what some Norwegians report they have as an "region-specific provisions" in their contract.

14 dagers angrerett etter norsk Model 3-kontrakt
Google Translate on top post:
14 days cancellation right under Norwegian Model 3 contract
«On: Today at. 08:32 »

This was taken up in another thread, but it is okay to get it in a separate thread.

It is important to be aware that in Norway you have a right of withdrawal that goes far beyond the 1/3-day regular return policy to Tesla. This is stated in the section on the "region-specific provisions":

Regional Specific Provisions

If you are a consumer and this Agreement was entered into only by means of distance communication means (such as online or over the phone), you may undo the order for up to 14 days after delivery of the Vehicle or after the Vehicle has been made available for collection. To undo the purchase, you must clearly inform us of your decision to undo this Agreement within this 14-day period (eg, mail sent by mail) by contacting us at the address indicated in this Footnote of this Agreement. to fill out and send our cancellation form included on the last page.

If you exercise this right to undo, we will refund all payments received by you using the same payment method you used when making the payment. You are responsible for, and we may, therefore, reduce your refund, an amount that reflects the Vehicle's reduction in value due to your unnecessary handling under applicable law if you have used the Vehicle beyond what is necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and function of the Vehicle. You must return the Vehicle to a Tesla Service Center without undue delay and in any case within 14 days of the day you inform us of your decision to undo this Agreement. The deadline is met if you return the Vehicle before the end of this 14-day period. You must bear the direct costs of returning the Vehicle yourself. We will refund you (after making relevant deductions) after the Vehicle is returned to us.
(My underlining)

There was some discussion about the right of withdrawal also included the so-called "non-refundable order payment" of NOK. 15,000.

I doubt that Tesla will interpret the agreement so that it is not refunded. In that case, there is little reason to believe that this is a sustainable interpretation on their part.

The right of withdrawal, according to the wording, requires full reimbursement, and as a regional-specific provision, it is natural for this to precede the general contract in the event of conflict. Secondly, the general contract also states that the so-called non-refundable order payment is "a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual loss we have suffered or may suffer as a result of your breach of contract". Understanding a payment relating to breach of contract is of little use, also to apply to the lawful exercise of the right of withdrawal. Thirdly, it is forbidden to charge for the exercise of the right of withdrawal when this follows from the law of redemption, which I suppose is also the case here.

BE.PNG

EV Sales: Belgium February 2019

Reactions: hobbes
Surprised no ones bumped this thread since the Model Y announcement. To me, every Tesla up til now has been completely anti-Euro in styling and design. I just didn't see anyone buying it en masse in Western Europe.

The Model Y on the other hand.....should sell like mad. Super efficient and able to cart around a family of 5 or 6 and their crap. This is like their version of an Explorer or Expedition.

I think a huge amount of early expensive version sales will go to upper middle class Europeans.

Guys I just checked the page showing total orders in Europe by country and Norway finally got updated after it hasn't seemed to change for like a month. Instead of showing just over 5000 orders it now shows 14000!! Can someone that knows more about this tell me if that number is actually legit?

No, it isn't. Tesla started issuing credit-notes and then second, new, invoices for the same order. Some customers even got multiple rounds of credit-notes plus additional invoices. Those invoices come from the same numbered series so you can't use the highest number anymore as a good measure of total orders.