Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see no figures yet for NL and Belgium. But Sweden already reported :

April 2015 : 75 (2014 was 21)
YTD 2015 : 213 (2014 was 53)

The previous Q1 total I had for Sweden + 75 did add up to more than 213. Looking back the March report now mentions 138 for Q1.

Source : Topplistan april 2015
And for all months : Topplistor per mnad 2015
So once again. That source is not the full month. It is unclear if the last days are then added to the next month or not. Might differ from brand to brand.
This page is based on actual registration data: Startsida - Elbilen i Sverige
No April numbers yet though...

Added a April column and data for Sweden (preliminary), Finland and Netherlands to the Wiki. Actually, it should be renamed (removing the Q1 from its title) - moderators, can you help please?

Everybody feel invited to add numbers for your country as they come in!

For what it is worth, Tesla NL bought 600 preconfigured cars from HQ at the old price which they will be offering to new buyers over the coming weeks/months. Hopefully they got the OK for that from the US and this isn't a Chine debacle all over again.

"bought 600" is somewhat interesting. Did they say they were inventory cars or just price locked-in on the old price via the ordering process and the cars are yet to be built/shipped?

"bought 600" is somewhat interesting. Did they say they were inventory cars or just price locked-in on the old price via the ordering process and the cars are yet to be built/shipped?

For exact details you'd have to ask forum member pvh who reported this in the Dutch section. Since I haven't been to the store myself recently, I am just relaying information. As far as I understood, these are not inventory cars. They still have to be built and shipped for sure but the configuration may be fixed besides maybe minor details.

Thanks schonelucht, I suspect this is a good thing to pre-order prior to the price rise recently. What I guess is happening was in some EU markets, the price rise was forecast and then the countries reacted with some orders even without customers and that is allowed similar to how China worked last year.

Electric cars lose right to drive in Oslo bus lanes - The Local

According to article above EVs lose bus lane access and exemption to road tolls.

Everything else stays the same til 2017 for another review.

This is not entirely correct. The right here is that the government leaves it up to the county to determine whether certain advantages for EVs should continue or not. These advantages are access to public transport lanes - "bus lanes", free parking and free charging.

The only place where the access to bus files are under discussion is around Oslo. Oslo has said that they will work to keep the access as long as possible, but how Akershus (the county surrounding Oslo) will react is currently too unknown. Nor is it known when this transfer of authority would happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Im getting paid KBA Updates, 86 is correct, beat me to it :)

Can someone from Norway explain the govt decision on EV Incentives?

http://www.hegnar.no/motor/artikkel546473.ece

http://www.dn.no/nyheter/politikkSamfunn/2015/05/06/2201/Politikk/slik-blir-de-nye-bilavgiftene

Does this 200k Kroner Regulation arrive in 2017 or this year?

Acc. to Hengar PHEV are now also included ?

Could you sum it up a little bit?

The 200k regulation is an invention of the journalist. Just forget that part...

From 1/1 2018 there will be 25% VAT on electric cars, just as it is on (almost) everything. But buyers will receive a compensation which shall be equivalent to that paid in VAT, but to be gradually reduced to zero over a few years. This compensation will have one upper limit which currently is not known - this will probably be "punishing" expensive cars like Tesla. :mad: How this compensation will work, and how high this ceiling will be, and how many years it will take down to zero is for the time being unknown.

PHEVs does also have some incentives, but not as much as BEVs.

This is not entirely correct. The right here is that the government leaves it up to the county to determine whether certain advantages for EVs should continue or not. These advantages are access to public transport lanes - "bus lanes", free parking and free charging.

The only place where the access to bus files are under discussion is around Oslo. Oslo has said that they will work to keep the access as long as possible, but how Akershus (the county surrounding Oslo) will react is currently too unknown. Nor is it known when this transfer of authority would happen.
Here's a litte article detailing Oslo county's position on the EV incentives. If you look at the table, all the different parties have answered Yes/No to whether they will keep the different incentives until they leave office in 2019. "Ja" means "yes", and the incentives asked about were road toll exemptions, free parking, public chargers and a subsidy for putting up chargers. Now, the access to the bus lanes weren't included in the table in this article, because at the time it wasn't known that this would be a choice the counties would be facing, but I think the other answers is an indication of what they would answer. Of course, it is being discussed to change the access to the bus lanes so that only EVs with 2+ people can use them. This would both cut down on congestion and incentivice green transportation.

http://www.osloby.no/nyheter/Disse-elbil-fordelene-lover-Oslo-politikerne-a-beholde-helt-til-2019-7956416.html

Also, I would say that the access to bus lanes has almost zero impact on Tesla sales. If you're buying an EV to commute into Oslo, you generally won't pick a Tesla. It's a big car that's not very suitable for narrow steets and cramped parking lots. And those who do use the Model S for their commute generally do it because they need the range, and if you're commuting 150-400 km/day, you'll have massive fuel savings which almost pays for the car in full, so losing the access to bus lanes generally won't be devastating.

Last edited:
Bus lane driving is rubbish.

It only increases the envy of ice drivers, instead of acceptance.
I disagree. The bus lanes were underutilized a few years ago, so using the bus lanes for something positive was unproblematic. And the bus lanes alone have ensured probably something like 5-10k sales of i-MiEVs, Leafs, i3s, etc. Without access to the bus lanes in the first few years, where no one knew anything about EVs, there were no charging points, EVs were really expensive and their range was miniscule, getting those early adopters on board would have been much more difficult. And sales breed sales; word spreads that these are really nice cars provided you don't need to travel far, prices drop, you get more and more chargers and service providers, etc.

But this has always been intended as a temporary boost for the startup phase. As the bus lanes start to approach maximum capacity, it will be necessary to start cutting down the access.