Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like having a central list (I have kept my own list so far), however would prefer to see an alphabetic list.

Also some countries missing. I have also seen January numbers for Slovenia and Poland (9 each in Jan) and Italy (Jan 5, feb 1) . I have not tracked the source (guess it was on this forum or EV-sales blog)

Wow!! This means we've just crossed the 2.900 mark for Q1 Europe! Keep the numbers coming in!

By the way, nice fact:

In Q1 in the Netherlands, more Model S (407) have been sold than ALL other luxury segment sedans COMBINED (~380), including cars like MB S- and CLS-Class, BMW 6 and 7 series, Audi A7&A8, Porsche Panamera, Jaguar XJ, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Infinity Q70, etc.

Last edited:
I have just double checked the German deliveries for March (300) because I thought this number is a bit high compared to the previous months.
In the German Tesla Forum I found a quote from the German Tesla Country Manager Schröder mentioning 300 deliveries in March during a owners event in March in city of Hamburg.

I've just checked all three excel files on that very website and found that the numbers don't add up exactly. The Q1 number should be 424 Tesla Model S (Jan: 110, Feb: 48, March: 266)... any explanation as to why there are 17 cars missing in the Q1 sum in their file?

I used to track these delivery numbers in 2014.

And every now and then there was a difference of a few cars (mostly not more than 10).

The clarification for those few missing cars was that it wasn't absolutely clear to which month these few cars should be allocated.

But when the total annual numbers were calculated it all ended up well.

This is from PAT in Switzerland last night from the P85D thread....while Tesla may not be as aggressively pushing floor models or loaners our the door this quarter, there is definitely a push. If you glance at the P85D delivery thread places like Paris and Prague are popping up more. Be interesting to model if just under half the deliveries are P85D, what that does for margins.

"Got my P85D yesterday as planned!! deliver was in Switzerland/Winterthur where they had to deliver more than 30 cars at once where they normally deliver about 1-3 a day I guess
wink.gif
. So everything happened at a special place (small castle) but due to very stormy weather I was more worried about all the nice cars getting damaged by a flying obstacle, but it turned out fine."

I used to track these delivery numbers in 2014.

And every now and then there was a difference of a few cars (mostly not more than 10).

The clarification for those few missing cars was that it wasn't absolutely clear to which month these few cars should be allocated.

But when the total annual numbers were calculated it all ended up well.

ah, thanks! Makes sense. I'll correct the wiki numbers for February then to match the official Q1 total in Netherlands.

Wow!! This means we've just crossed the 2.900 mark for Q1 Europe! Keep the numbers coming in!

By the way, nice fact:

In Q1 in the Netherlands, more Model S (407) have been sold than ALL other luxury segment sedans COMBINED (~380), including cars like MB S- and CLS-Class, BMW 6 and 7 series, Audi A7&A8, Porsche Panamera, Jaguar XJ, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Infinity Q70, etc.

I think we will actually cross 3100. Several large countries like uk, france, switzerland, etc still have 0 for march. Lets just hope the german number is accurate or on thr low side as well.

So on average between the countries that have reported now they have sold about 2.9 times more cars that the first 2 months of the year. If I extrapolate that trend to all countries that have more than 15 deliveries in the first 2 months we are looking at at around 3500 cars for the quarter. I completely left the UK out of this number since I don't expect high deliveries there since they don't have AWD yet but maybe they have another 100 so maybe we will see 3,600 or so. I think that number almost guarantees Tesla did not miss guidance and the question is how much they beat it by.

And here are the official numbers for Norway.
http://www.ofvas.no/bilsalget-i-mars/category657.html
Google transladed quote:
3391 new zero-emission cars in March
In March were registered 3391 new cars with zero emissions. There are 578 more (20.5%) than in March 2014. Zero Emission Cars had 23.4 percent market share among passenger cars in March, while the market in March 2014 was 20.3 percent. All zero-emission cars were registered in March was EVs.

It was used imported 320 cars with zero emissions in March, there are 123 more (62.4%) than in March 2014.

Overall it was first registered (new and used imported) 3711 cars with zero emissions in March, there are 701 more than in March 2014.

Golf sold 1421 cars, but this is both EVs and fossils. This is almost the record Tesla sat last March...
Tesla Model S got 1140 cars, exactly the same number that I got (and I know am at least 3 above :tongue: )

And here are the official numbers for Norway.
http://www.ofvas.no/bilsalget-i-mars/category657.html
Google transladed quote:

Golf sold 1421 cars, but this is both EVs and fossils. This is almost the record Tesla sat last March...
Tesla Model S got 1140 cars, exactly the same number that I got (and I know am at least 3 above :tongue: )

Thanks for keeping us posted. This Q is looking quite exciting. Stationary storage announcement followed by a beat? Oh my...

Final march number for Norway reported to be 1140 Model S. This makes the Model S number one sold EV in March. For Q1 as well I think.

Not even close for Q1. Tesla delivered 1532 cars in Norway in Q1, VW delivered 1718 e-Golfs in January and February alone. With March added in I expect about 2500-2700 e-Golfs in Q1 (I don't have the exact e-Golf sales number for March yet, just the Golf total).

Updated number for sweden based on real registration data: 122.

Thanks for posting registration data for Sweden!

The March number is up big compared to January (29) and March (10).
Do you have a source for the registration data?
Is there a web site?

We can only add delivery numbers to the European Q1 delivery table if we have a source.
Only way to be able to show where big total number for Europe is coming from in the end.

Last edited: