TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EU production starts for left driving countries first?

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by Wiebe, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Wiebe

Wiebe Member

All,

I just read this (for the first time) on the Ducth part of the Tesla site. You can find it under Model S, FAQ:

Q: When will the production of the Model S start?
    A: De European production for countries that drive left will start according to planning the end of 2012 of begin 2013.

Now, of course this can be layed out two ways: either the production for the right driving EU countries starts earlier (must have started already then) or they start with the UK/Ireland first.

Anyone an idea how to interpret this?

Best, Wiebe

2. linaser

linaser Member

I think the information in the FAQ section is outdated. In March 11, GeorgeB announced delivery for the left hand drive EU-version of the Model S for "late 2012". Now Tesla estimating Q1/2013 for the first delivery to Europe, so I think the right hand drive version of the Model S will shift so mid or end if 2013. Maybe we should make Tesla aware of this... ?

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

When I went to the Palo Alto Get Amped event in August, I was told by the Australian sales manager that Right hand drive production will start around July 2013.
    Since then the ramp up process may well have changed things, but I would guess it would only be to delay the RHD start date.
    I'm not expecting my (Australia) P26 Model S before September 2013, possibly later.
    I'm betting Europe will get their cars before UK, and my money is on Norway getting the first Model S in Europe.