Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, OR - Kruse Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The coast definitely is a nicer drive. Charging is slower though; nothing faster than a 14-50. On my last trip, I was on 101 from the Bay area to Reedsport OR (I figured I had better do it before the Superchargers were installed on I5). There are a lot of places to charge (several of them thanks to Zext) noted on my "Tesla Highway" map HERE.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning that. Now that I look at the map, going over to 101 after Grants Pass might work. There seems to be a few hotels on the coast that have EV recharging. Then it would be an easy drive on day 2 to make it to the San Francisco bay area and Supercharger regions.

If you come in this time of the year there should be all sorts of 'earthy' folks around Garberville and southern Humboldt. I think it is trimming season about now.

I can make it to Freemont in about 8 hours from Eureka, driving a little under the speed limit until Petaluma when I can draft bigger cars and trucks in traffic. Ukiah SC should be next year and then it is only 4 1/2 - 6 hrs to south bay We need a Supercharger in Arcata for the 299 Corridor, someday, not priority

- - - Updated - - -

... my "Tesla Highway" map HERE.

link seems broken?

Stopped in today while heading south

ury6e4ag.jpg

Springfield construction has 8 charging spots, but my understanding is that only four spaces will be dedicated for EV and the other four will be available if needed for hotel parking. Usually all eight are available, but the four non-dedicated spaces will probably be used for some weekly or monthly events at the hotel. For example, Springfield Rotary Club meets at the Holiday Inn on Wednesdays at noon and much of the hotel parking in that area is used then.

- - - Updated - - -

The coast definitely is a nicer drive. Charging is slower though; nothing faster than a 14-50. On my last trip, I was on 101 from the Bay area to Reedsport OR (I figured I had better do it before the Superchargers were installed on I5). There are a lot of places to charge (several of them thanks to Zext) noted on my "Tesla Highway" map HERE.

Chad: Thanks for the Tesla Highway map! For Oregon and Washington, I have found the www.plugshare.com website to be very comprehensive and helpful. For example, it shows the all of the West Coast Electric Highway EV sites (usually J1772 and CHAdeMO), including a site in Sisters, Oregon between Eugene and Bend. With the imminent availability of a CHAdeMO converter for the Model S, the West Coast Electric Highway should be of even more interest to Tesla owners. But one advantage of your Tesla Highway map is that it shows the Springfield and Grants Pass superchargers that are under final construction; hopefully, www.plugshare will show those as soon as they are fully operational. --- Merlyn

I have done 800 miles in one day before (many times to visit parents house), so I think 600 miles for Seattle to Redding CA would be easy in a Model S with a few Supercharger stops in there.

Well, I once drove from NYC to San Francisco in 56 hours (four drivers), and NYC to Los Angeles in 60 hours (two drivers), not to mention hitchhiking SF to NYC in about 60 hours. But that was over 45 years ago. My endurance isn't what is once was. :wink:

Ukiah SC should be next year and then it is only 4 1/2 - 6 hrs to south bay We need a Supercharger in Arcata for the 299 Corridor, someday, not priority

Are you basing your statement about a Ukiah SC coming next year on the Tesla website SC map for 2014? Looking at that map I do see a dot somewhere north of San Rafael but it's not clear what the location is.

And yes there definitely needs to be another SC on the 101 farther north. I want to be able to go to the Humboldt Redwoods/Eureka area and back to the Bay Area only using SC power.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen a photo update on the Eugene/Springfield SC.... Since it's right in town, I thought this would be updated daily. Does this mean the rate of progress is slower than Woodburn and others? Also, has anyone confirmed activity on SC's to the south?

ADK Electric has made steady progress October 2-11, 2013 on the Springfield supercharger station.

- - - Updated - - -

ADK Electric has made steady progress October 2-11, 2013 on the Springfield supercharger station.

My wife Martha took the picture of her red "Tess" at the Springfield supercharger station under construction and added this quote: "Tess gazes longingly at the new 'Fast Food' restaurant. Not open yet but soon will be. Hang on Tess."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 367
Stopped by again today because we needed an activity for our 3 and 5 year old boys. It looks like it's done but it might not be turned on yet because the button on the handle failed to cause my charge port to open. Also, it's pretty clear they don't want anyone using them yet.

IMG_2067.jpg
IMG_2063.jpg
IMG_2065.jpg

I spoke with the hotel manager who was outside walking her puppy. Apparently the fine folks from ADK just finished up today and the owner of the hotel either has, or has ordered, a Model S. I expressed our gratitude for Holiday Inn providing the parking lot space.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Tesla, if you're listening, I NEED this sign for my garage...

IMG_2073.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Greg, for the nice photos! Yes, apparently Tesla had hoped to announce at the test drives this weekend in Eugene that it was operational. But there are still a few permit or utility details to work out.

Did you go to the Hop Valley event this evening? We were planning on going but our three week old had other plans for us. She's a micro-dictator.

Thanks, Greg, for the nice photos! Yes, apparently Tesla had hoped to announce at the test drives this weekend in Eugene that it was operational. But there are still a few permit or utility details to work out.

Oops, I think I meant to thank Lyon for the photos. Good work!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you go to the Hop Valley event this evening? We were planning on going but our three week old had other plans for us. She's a micro-dictator.

Yes. Martha and I went with our son Connor (21). Had pizza and brew. Michael, Jessica and Chris were there from Washington Square. They brought down white and silver Teslas for the test drives. John, a Eugene silver Tesla owner, stopped by. Good conversation!