Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, OR - Kruse Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I can tell, it's for job creation. Still, their gas prices aren't any higher than in Washington.

I lived in Portland 30-ish years ago and there was a campaign to allow drivers to gas up their own cars. It went down to defeat 60-40 or some such. The commercials were incredibly stupid. One showed an old lady squirting gas all over herself and the wretchedly looking at the camera. But, clearly effective.

Is it really about job creation? I'm pretty sure those guys get minimum wage and there is very high turnover.

I assume there is no law regarding EVSEs though I could see the same people making ads showing some old lady electrocuting herself... Don't let this to happen to your sweet old grandma.

I lived in Portland 30-ish years ago and there was a campaign to allow drivers to gas up their own cars. It went down to defeat 60-40 or some such. The commercials were incredibly stupid. One showed an old lady squirting gas all over herself and the wretchedly looking at the camera. But, clearly effective.

Is it really about job creation? I'm pretty sure those guys get minimum wage and there is very high turnover.

I assume there is no law regarding EVSEs though I could see the same people making ads showing some old lady electrocuting herself... Don't let this to happen to your sweet old grandma.

No such laws for charging your car. And interestingly enough, the law is only about gasoline, not diesel. So you can fill your TDI but not your gas guzzler :)

Lyon,
Congrats on the new little girl!
Wait until she realizes she has 2 big brothers to boss around and "protect" her. She will be princess of almost everything in the realm. :wink:
Did you get the rear facing seat option with your MS or will the car seats all fit? Post a picture so I can show my daughter, I'm trying to convince her a model X should be their next car.
I noticed your res # is the 100 off from our vin.

Lyon,
Congrats on the new little girl!
Wait until she realizes she has 2 big brothers to boss around and "protect" her. She will be princess of almost everything in the realm. :wink:
Did you get the rear facing seat option with your MS or will the car seats all fit? Post a picture so I can show my daughter, I'm trying to convince her a model X should be their next car.
I noticed your res # is the 100 off from our vin.

Thanks! I do have the rear-facing seats so I can get all three kids in. The back seat isn't wide enough for three kid's seats so I put the boys in the trunk and the little girl in the middle of the rear seat. We also have an X reservation for my wife. I don't really know how but my Model S reservation number was almost in the 6000s but I got VIN 2595... I guess I ordered the car they wanted to make early.

Interestingly we discovered that the Model S was more comfortable for the five of us plus my inlays (7 total) than our giant Suburban. This is because we would have to cram two adults in the rear of the suburban with a kid in a booster seat where they could simply sit on either side of baby in the Model S.

Apparently SUB (Springfield Utility Board) was on site today working to extend infrastructure in order to hook up power to the site. Expect power up at the end of the week.

Springfield SC October 21, 2013.jpg

Has Eugene been turned on today? It's the final one to be listed on the Tesla site!

Sitting in front of it now. The big green transformer looks to be installed but the parking spots are still coned off. Also, pressing the button on the charge handle didn't cause my charge port to open so I'm assuming power is available but the system isn't turned on yet. I imagine this place is just an inspection and trial run away from being open to the public. No, I didn't try plugging my car in; they're still pretty obviously not interested in it being used (cones) and I'm not all that keen on using my model s as a guinea pig.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I spoke with the techs from SUB who were on site this morning. They should have their part done today which means ADK just needs to go turn it on/finalize their part of the project. They're predicting that it'll be live tomorrow.

things seemed to get stymied for a while later this summer and then all of a sudden it sounds like the whole I-5 corridor is about to be lit up. i've been waiting and watching for so long I feel like I lost site of just how incredible this is going to be! can't wait to drive all the way to the family in CA on super chargers, in a single day. After watching so many companies stumble trying to crack the code of EV charging, it's awe inspiring to see that this time its for real!

things seemed to get stymied for a while later this summer and then all of a sudden it sounds like the whole I-5 corridor is about to be lit up. i've been waiting and watching for so long I feel like I lost site of just how incredible this is going to be! can't wait to drive all the way to the family in CA on super chargers, in a single day. After watching so many companies stumble trying to crack the code of EV charging, it's awe inspiring to see that this time its for real!

Agreed. This is an exciting time indeed.

Agree, totally, leave tuesday for southern CA. Please be online for me!