Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Euro prices increase 18.8.15?

MsElectric

Oct 11, 2014
New York
They had to do this to keep pace with the currency valuations. They have been eating the costs associated with currency fluctuations all this time so they are altering price to reflect what the car cost. Tesla has been very fair about this. Unlike other car manufacturers, they didn't enter the European car market from the get go with higher prices for the same car. They are just charging what it cost them and that's more than fair.

AC123

Banned
Aug 5, 2015
USA
So if your order was already confirmed, or lets say not even confirmed, but ordered, are you going to have to pay a higher price now? Or is this applicable only to new orders?

Matias

Apr 2, 2014
Finland
So if your order was already confirmed, or lets say not even confirmed, but ordered, are you going to have to pay a higher price now? Or is this applicable only to new orders?
At leat after order is confirmed, price is not subject to change.

jpet

Jan P.
Aug 8, 2014
Herne & Leuven, BE
You can protect yourself against the EUR getting weaker by buying USD. Convert the amount back to EUR when it is time to pay your car. There are no guarantees but the tendency is that the USD will keep getting stronger versus the EUR. I'm happy I ordered mine a year ago, just before the price increases started.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC