Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Euro-spec vs USA Roadster differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla - now available in UK!

I got mine last week... theyre finally here!

Tesla opened their first european dealership in Knightsbridge, near Harrods. Say hi to Don, Audra and Geoff when you get there.

-- Jez

Attachments

• P1000037_2.jpg
    P1000037_2.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 133
According to this the Euro Roadster is a T-top:

The T-top roof (removable panels either side of a central strut) is a godsend, as during my test drive the sun made one of its brief appearances and it only took seconds to chuck the bits in the boot next to the recharging plug.

can anyone in Europe confirm this?

TEG,

I can confirm different back-light units for US and EU-Spec cars.

At munich, I saw one US car going backwards. The outer two small round lights were lightning white (on both sides), while he was going backwards.
Then one EU-spec car was going backwards. Only the right outer small light was lightning white. I pointed out to Simon that "the left light is defective" :)
He said no, on EU cars only the right white light is lightning while going backwards, the left small light on the outside is the rear fog light.
Pretty logical, as it is required by law and nowere else to be seen.

I am sorry that I do not participate more in the forum at the moment. Car was here, sun was shining, so I was more out there than in front of the computer.
Then there was the opposite: Here at our company year-end business requires full attention. Therefore, car is in storage mode in the garage, but still limited spare time and recources for me. I hope I can do some more detailed write-up in the beginning of next year. I even have a mod-project in mind :)

One short input: I have read tons of threads, especially on the owners forum, about the fact that brake lights go on when regen kicks in. Some users have built "tiny mirrors" to be aware when their brake lights are on, I remember.
Some like this fact, others dont, some wish a different behavior, some dont.

On the EU-spec cars (mine), its easy: The brake lights are on when you hit the brake pedal. They are off, when you dont. So easy.
So with regen and the causing deceleration, I can nearly come to a full stop without having brake lights on.
Like it or not, its the same as on a gasoline car ;-)

As it is so different to the US cars, I think the behavior is required by law - wherever.