Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Europa Report - The Movie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
Just watched this movie and I thought it was an interesting take on space travel. This movie is similar to what Elon and other private companies (Mars-One) want to do, except in this movie they went to one of Jupiter's moons instead of Mars. I think once we start to do deep space travel we will have causalities just because it will be humanity's first time. Has anyone else seen this movie and if so, what did you think?

Space.com said the film was "One of the most thrilling and realistic depictions of space exploration since Moon or 2001: A Space Odyssey."

Last edited:
I thought it was okay, reasonably realistic except for the -- spoiler alert -- brief shot of "the creature" in attack mode. It looked too earth-like and the hyper-aggressive behavior was overly dramatic. But then, that's the movies.

I have yet to see any film even come close to measuring up to 2001.

I thought it was okay, reasonably realistic except for the -- spoiler alert -- brief shot of "the creature" in attack mode. It looked too earth-like and the hyper-aggressive behavior was overly dramatic. But then, that's the movies.

I have yet to see any film even come close to measuring up to 2001.

Yeah, I didn't think they were going to show whatever was happening under water either, but I thought it was cool how they did it at the end. I do agree though that the creature was a bit underwhelming and looked something from The Matrix movies.