TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Europe 2015 Model S sales

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by Wiki, Mar 31, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Cool, like the new table now that all the details are worked out. Guess I will replace the old one tomorrow.

One thing: Yesterday there was an "other countries" line in the table which is now missing, so I guess just looking on the published table in the wiki the numbers wouldn´t add up to the given totals (though they obviously do in the editable source table). Can you put that back in, Troy?

2. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

O.k. did it! From now on, all updates should go to the google sheet, put the other table at the bottom and will soon remove it if everything goes well with September numbers.
    Thanks again to Troy and TMS for the great work!

3. Troy

Troy Active Member

Hi hobbes. Looks good. I have some improvement ideas but I will wait until the next data set is in and the transition settles. This project has great potential.

4. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

Noticed Austrian data for September was available so I added that, but somehow I don't see the wiki refreshing... maybe it takes some time?

5. Troy

Troy Active Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Hi mrdoubleb. It takes 5 minutes according to the information at the bottom of this page which is the "published as web page" version. The graph pictures will also auto update.

6. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

7. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

What happened to Switzerland for Oct ?

8. Troy

Troy Active Member

It is not available yet. Sep numbers were added to the excel file here on October 13.th. So Oct numbers should be up in 5 days.

Recently a joker entered 137 to Switzerland Oct with a link to the wikipedia page for the number 137. Of course hobbes immediately noticed this and we removed that and took extra steps to protect the data against vandalism.

By the way, the 13 day delay for Switzerland doesn't look bad when compared to the 70 day for the UK. The UK Q3 number is expected on 10 December 2015. Inside each of these 3 excel files, it says "Next update: 10 December 2015".

Table VEH0128
    Vehicles make and generic model name, Great Britain, quarterly from 1994
    Table VEH0160 Vehicles registered for the first times by make and model, Great Britain, annually from 2001
    Table VEH0161 Vehicles registered for the first times by generic model, Great Britain, annually from 2001

I think the second or third file is more useful than the first one. The first shows all registered cars, meaning if a car was totaled, the calculation would be wrong. Therefore second or third files will be more accurate. Interestingly file names of 160 and 161 say annually but they are updated quarterly just like 128. Therefore it is easy to overlook them.

9. Yeomen

Yeomen Member

225 in Norway in November I tried to get the data into the spread sheet. Perhaps it will appear soon

10. Yeomen

Yeomen Member

Belgium Spain and Italy 49, 1, 14 all posted as well

11. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Hey Yeomen, thanks for submitting all the numbers! Would be even better if next time you could provide links that go directly to where your numbers come from, like don´t give just the web site but the actual document for the specific month.

12. Yeomen

Yeomen Member

I tried. Copied and pasted right from source article. I guess it did not come through correctly. Doesn't really matter anyway. All about Denmark to make the numbers. That comes Monday

13. egononzel

egononzel New Member

Model S sales numbers in Denmark in november is 465

14. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

I tried to put some figures for sales in Portugal, but there is no way to put Portugal in your list of countries. How can I do that? For example, there was 10 Model S sold until June and 13 YTD as October data, based in this site http://ev-sales.blogspot.pt/search/label/Portugal

15. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

For 2016, are you guys planning to split out Model X and model S sales in a separate sheet?

16. Troy

Troy Active Member

Yes, the plan is to have one table for Model S, one for Model X and one for both. We will use the same google spreadsheet, same google input form and I guess the same wiki topic. Of course it will take a while until MX sales start in Europe and the numbers start coming in.

17. Elektroniker

Elektroniker New Member

Would be nice if someone adapts the column widths so as to display the number without any wordwrap ...
    Thank you so much for service! ;)

18. Elektroniker

Elektroniker New Member

Sorry, my fault: I had my browser on zoom < 100%.
    On 100% everything looks fine.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.