Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Europe has mandated a CCS charging port standard, will Model Y come with this in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a long term Tesla owner this is not an issue what so ever. If you are an owner, I’d like to know your reasons. If you are not an owner, I understand how you can be misinformed.
I'm also in an area with not a ton of Tesla's, so this is not an issue. But I can definitely understand for people on the east and west cost, especially west coast, another option for charging would be very welcome. Although it isn't the norm, wait times at Superchargers happen quite a bit there.

I'm also in an area with not a ton of Tesla's, so this is not an issue. But I can definitely understand for people on the east and west cost, especially west coast, another option for charging would be very welcome. Although it isn't the norm, wait times at Superchargers happen quite a bit there.

Here on in California there are other options. People can use EvGo stations that have built in Chademo to Tesla adapters. Limited to 50kW, but better than Level 2.

Personally I would wait for a Tesla Supercharger, but if you really needed a charge it is nice to have an option.