Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Europe Online inventory - what does it even mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
Since I've indicated to my local sales person I wanted a car, I've watched the online inventory go up and down. It's constantly refreshing, so does not seem like an outdated or fake snapshot of inventory. But I'm still not convinced the online list is meaningful or reliable.

Case in point: I purchased/ordered/reserved (whatever you want to call it) a specific vehicle -- it has unique VIN and mileage -- from the online inventory. Meaning I added it to my online account and actually paid deposit on it. Days later the sales people called me and expressed in a few different ways that that cars appearance was basically a mistake.

I checked the VIN against registration website, and that vehicle appears to have never been registered (in this country atleast).

Last week a car similar to what I wanted popped up on the website. Then it disappeared within the same day. Registration website shows that car not being registered either.

Few days ago another similar vehicle appeared. Registration website shows that car being registered (i.e. assigned ownership to *someone*). And yet days later, that car still is listed on the Tesla website, as if it is available for immediate purchase.

What are we supposed to make of this? Unless Tesla is constantly shifting vehicles across markets within the EU (excl UK). Which still doesn't explain the last example.

And by the way, the first vehicle I mentioned, is still attached to my online account, rather than them deleting and replacing with a fresh example or custom-order. They still have my deposit. The whole thing frankly just confused me. And yes I've contacted them - just a bit underwhelmed with the whole situation.