Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European Battery Replacements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vanwho

spaceship goes zoom
Nov 21, 2020
DE/AT
Hi folks, seeing as most discussions around battery replacements are with North American owners, I thought it useful to see about folks chiming in with their European experiences of warranty replacements and otherwise.

U.S. folks have been getting for the past few months new 350V battery replacements under warranty with model number 1014116-00-C.
These are basically new 100kwh packs with modules removed. No issues, great charging speeds, proper replacements that will last.

In Europe, my P85D just received a remanufactured 85kwh pack model number 1088934-01-E after a couple of weeks of waiting for shipping. A 10.000€ line item covered under warranty. I was given no say or options during the process (like pay extra for a new pack), which is normal for some SCs, they plug in the issue and wait for whatever comes.

These are the same remanufactured packs they've been doing for years, that chargegate and die soon again, sometimes in a few months, sometimes a year, whatever, it's a doomed pack. Means the car must be sold or take on extreme expensive risk. So Europe appears to be getting shafted here.

Also, I was charged almost 400€ for 2x 12V batteries? Insanity.

Side note: this car already had the tubing routed not on top of the battery pack, so unsure of failure cause, but it was isolation error.

What have other folks' replacements been recently?

Mine...

Replacement date: Dec 2022
Car: March 2015 P85D
Original Battery: 1031043-00-E
New Battery: 1088934-01-E (Remanufactured)

Last edited:
Hi folks, seeing as most discussions around battery replacements are with North American owners, I thought it useful to see about folks chiming in with their European experiences of warranty replacements and otherwise.

U.S. folks have been getting for the past few months new 350V battery replacements under warranty with model number 1014116-00-C.
These are basically new 100kwh packs with modules removed. No issues, great charging speeds, proper replacements that will last.

In Europe, my P85D just received a remanufactured 85kwh pack model number 1088934-01-E after a couple of weeks of waiting for shipping. A 10.000€ line item covered under warranty. I was given no say or options during the process (like pay extra for a new pack), which is normal for some SCs, they plug in the issue and wait for whatever comes.

These are the same remanufactured packs they've been doing for years, that chargegate and die soon again, sometimes in a few months, sometimes a year, whatever, it's a doomed pack. Means the car must be sold or take on extreme expensive risk. So Europe appears to be getting shafted here.

Also, I was charged almost 400€ for 2x 12V batteries? Insanity.

Side note: this car already had the tubing routed not on top of the battery pack, so unsure of failure cause, but it was isolation error.

What have other folks' replacements been recently?

Mine...

Replacement date: Dec 2022
Car: March 2015 P85D
Original Battery: 1031043-00-E
New Battery: 1088934-01-E (Remanufactured)
According to wk057, all batteries with VIN up to around 70xxx are more prone to humidity ingress and thus failing.
Is your car’s VIN below or around that?

More details on batteries here: #184
Once you have it, you can maybe check the S/N to find out when it was manufactured.
Hope for you it was in Q2 2015 or later, as it would probably at least mean better reliability. But indeed, same slow SuC most probably.

It's so much worse than my original battery. So much DC fast charging. Over 23k kwh! (and 21k kwh AC). I had just 7k DC fast charging on the original.

And serial number from January '15 (T15A), so also older than my original battery. Anyone know what's involved with Tesla's refurbing process for batteries? The cover seal, fuse, do they do the vents?

But worst of all, only 71.7 kwh nominal pack. I'm going to have to nicely lodge a complaint and refer to my previous battery's more nominal capacity and range.

What are some stats of refurb batteries other folks have seen?

Screenshot_20221219_161909.jpg

It's so much worse than my original battery. So much DC fast charging. Over 23k kwh! (and 21k kwh AC). I had just 7k DC fast charging on the original.

And serial number from January '15 (T15A), so also older than my original battery. Anyone know what's involved with Tesla's refurbing process for batteries? The cover seal, fuse, do they do the vents?

But worst of all, only 71.7 kwh nominal pack. I'm going to have to nicely lodge a complaint and refer to my previous battery's more nominal capacity and range.

What are some stats of refurb batteries other folks have seen

If the reman pack is from a much older manufacture date, that is a valid reason to request a replacement with a date equak or newer than your original failed pack.