TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

European or Canadian P85D owners

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by uselesslogin, Jun 10, 2015.

1. uselesslogin

uselesslogin Enthusiast

2. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Assume that car is configured to show ideal not rated range.

3. uselesslogin

uselesslogin Enthusiast

Hah, should have found an easy Google search before. It looks like ideal range on the first US deliveries was 330 miles so that is already higher than the 508km in this picture.

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Glad you posted this as I was going to ask the exact same question. At 100% charge I get about 400km, nowhere near 508.
    CHJmX6LUYAAmzoN.jpg

5. Requiem

Requiem Member

#5 Requiem, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    In my 85 I can choose between "Energy" or "Range", and in range I can choose between "Rated" or "Typical". Last time my 85 was charged to 100% rated showed 499km and typical showed 399km. Rated is based on the european new NEDC testing standard.

See screenshot from the norwegian website.
    screenshot.PNG
    So, in europe, yes this could get to 508km, but not Canada, as you get the more realistic EPA range. I never use the rated range myself, only typical or energy views.

Edit:
    Also, here is a screenshot from the UK site showing some high numbers in miles.
    screenshot2.PNG